(28) I will Find you Part 5

THIRD POV

Percy lit up a match as they went further into the cave.

The fire illuminated the area making it easier to see. But ahead of them seemed to be an endless path of darkness. 

Staying close together. The echo of their footsteps and water falling from the ceiling echoed throughout the cave. 

Luke led the way as he assured them there would be a nice place to rest just a couple miles ahead.

Continuing to walk while staring at the navigator he was suddenly pulled back by one of the huntresses.

"What the Hades!" He yelled when his butt hit the ground.

"Keep it down boy." Pheobe sneered while pointing in front of them.

Up ahead was a small rocky path that served as a bridge. Below it was a series of pointy rocks. There was no other way around it so the only choice was to go through.

"I don't see what the problem is. So we just go carefully through," he shrugged it off.

He showed them there was nothing to be worried about as he walked on the bridge. "See it's fine"

The others followed after him. But as soon as they were halfway across, the ground below them started shaking. The rocks that they stood on started separating.

As if on instinct, each one grabbed onto a rock holding on for dear life hoping to survive the fall.

But nothing fell.

The rocks just silently floated through the air only making sounds when they bumped into other rocks.

"What now?" Percy asked as he stood up along with the rest of them.

"We jump" Annabeth answered.

Percy's eyes widened. "Into the pile of pointy rocks? No thank you. I'll just stay here."

"No! I meant we have to jump from rock to rock to get the other side."

"Huh ya I was just kidding. I just wanted to see if you knew that."

Annabeth stared at him blankly for several seconds and then finally shook her head.

"I'll start," the blonde said.

She backed up at the opposite end to get a better jump but the rock tilted with her weight causing her to slip. Fortunately, she was able to grab onto the side before she fell. As she climbed up, she caused the rock to flip over completely.

"You okay?" Luke asked

"Ya fine. But now we know that we really have to be careful now" she answered catching her breath.

"I'll go then" Percy volunteered.
He jumped onto the rocks closest to him, losing his footing but quickly regaining his balance.

He continued to jump until he reached his third rock.

"C'mon you'll be fine," he said turning around to encourage the others after him.

Soon enough they were all at the other side except for Phoebe who refused to go on the last jump.

"No it's too far." She yelled.
"You can do just jump. We'll catch you" Zoe spoke

She did as she was told. It was really too far of a jump. So when she did she barely made it.

She grabbed onto the side of the cliff with her arms and tried to use her feet to push her up. 

"Stop moving" Percy instructed. "On the count of three let go so I can pull you up. "