(13) The Curious Child of Athena

This is after dinner in Thalia's and Annabeth's tent (they share tents)

ANNABETH POV

"Hey" Thalia spoke
"Hmmm?" I asked not looking up from my book. She sighed and took the book away from me. "Alright you have my attention, what is it?"
"About earlier and the past couple of days...." She started
"Yeaaah...." urging her to continue.
"Don't you think it's weird? I mean it's not normal."
I let out a slight laugh, "Thals, we're demigods nothing will ever be normal for us."
"I know but this is different. I mean did you see how Lady Artemis and the hunters were acting. And then that whole thing with Percy. Doesn't it just make you wonder?"
"Oh, so I'm not the only one who noticed."
"I mean when Percy touched her he should have been dead right on the spot, but she didn't kill him. Unless she was the actual cause of Percy's coma. And then there are the hunters...you remember last time we encountered them don't you. They practically almost killed Luke and Grover and they didn't even do anything. Well, to be more specific the newer ones acted as usual. It's the older ones who were a bit more hesitant."
"We'll I did ask her if she had anything to do with Percy but she denied it."
"And you believe her?"
"Yes...maybe... No...I don't know. I confused. I don't know why they are acting like this but I'm going to make sure I find out what's really going on here."