(14) Adventures with Artemis and the Hunt

After breakfast

ARTEMIS POV

"Everyone I have an announcement. We will be soon leaving to camp half-blood and I want you all to decide on how we get there."I said

"Who votes that I get Apollo to drive us there." The very young hunters along with Annabeth and Nico raised their hands.

"Who votes that we travel on foot." The rest of the hunters along with Percy, Thalia, Bianca, and Grover raised their hands.

"Then it's settled, the trip will be 4-8 days long. You are dismissed to pack. We will leave at noon."

******

THIRD POV

There were still quite a few hours until they had to leave. Percy's muscle pain was tolerable but he decided to go for a walk in hopes to stretch out his legs. 

He never got the chance to explore the camp since he was unconscious for the majority of his stay. The hunters were very organized in their setup. He was able to deduce which tents belonged to hunters and which were for public use such as the armory. 

However, as he continued to walk he found a tent that looked quite different from the others. He knew he shouldn't have but curiosity got the best of him and before he knew it he was opening the flap. 

And well shit...he really was an idiot. 

He just walked into a literal wolf's den. 

There were about 20 wolves. Some were sleeping while others were chewing on a bone or nipping at each other. 

They were huge. Probably bigger than the now-extinct direwoles which were said to be over 2 feet tall and weighed an average of 110 pounds. (Whispers, "thank you Annabeth"). The one on the far right caught his eye. Its coat was jet black and its green eyes stared into him. This one was far bigger than the others but it made no move. It just kept staring at him 

Percy tried to slowly back away as they had not seemed to have noticed him yet. Just as he was about to exit through the flap he stepped on a twig. The demigod cursed under his breath. 

The wolves turned their heads instantly. Upon seeing Percy they bared their teeth and let out a low growl while others stood up and began inching their way toward him. 

As one of them was about to pounce someone yelled out, "αλτ (halt)!" The wolves immediately stopped and turned back to their original positions. 

"What are you doing here boy. Do you have a death wish?" the speaker let her presence be known. 

The son of the sea god recognized her. She was their lieutenant, Zoe. "Umm no I- I was just curious. So I took a peak." 

"Ever heard the saying 'curiosity killed the cat'. If you had mistakenly walked into M'Lady's tent you would have been a dead man. Don't let me catch you snooping again. Go pack!" She snarled. 

Frightened of being dismembered, Percy didn't risk responding with a retort and headed off to do what he was told. However, Zoe caught him glancing back at the tent before he left. 

2 days later...

ZOE POV

We have walked for hours and I couldn't take any more of it.

How in the world can someone be so annoying.

"How many attack points does Lady Artemis have? I heard she's the best archer. Is it true she older than Apollo? How many attack points do you have? Check out my collectibles." The black-haired kid said