(17) A Love Goddess's Advice

ARTEMIS POV

I flashed to my palace in Olympus.

Scenes from what just happened flooded my head. I pulled on my hair out of frustration, "How foolish of me. How could I let my guard down like that? I-"

"Looks like you've had an eventful day." I turned to the source of the voice.

"Aphrodite! I should've known it was you." I gritted my teeth. She was sitting on a still at my kitchen counter while swirling a glass of wine.

"Now now. What was me? "

"Don't play stupid. I know you're the cause of what just happened. This was your doing. How many times do I have to tell you to stay out of my life and my hunter's lives."

"Relax sister. Even though your a goddess you just might get wrinkles. And secondly, I had nothing to do with it. But you know it wouldn't hurt you to loosen up a bit. You've been a maiden goddess for years it's about time you-"

"Don't you dare even suggest it."

"I'm just saying. Percy didn't really mean it you know. It was an accident he even swore on it."

"I'm well aware"

"Oh, then why the frown." She then had a sly grin, "Maybe your just mad at yourself. Maybe you feel guilty. No one can blame you though. If you make a move that is. He's practically a carbon copy of Perseus." She swooned at his name. "However, if you don't want young Percy I'll gladly take a bite."

"They are nothing alike. No one will compare to him! And leave that demigod alone."

"Oh your no fun. I have no interest in said demigod. I was just kidding." Her expression turned more serious, "Perseus is gone Artemis. I miss him we all do. But there is no bringing him back. He would want you to be happy. Open up a bit. I'm not saying it has to be that boy but keep an open mind. Stay closed off like that and you'll end up missing what's right in front of you."

"What are you talking about"

"I'm just trying to help Artemis."

"I don't need your help. Especially with what happened last time."

Aphrodite's concerned expression was wiped off, "So you're still on about that. That was no one's fault but your own, Artemis. I was only trying to comfort him-"

"Comfort him? You stabbed me in the back. You were trying to take him to bed. You seduced him!"

"I did no such thing. I loved him. But he chose you. I genuinely was trying to help you. But your so stubborn you messed it all up and hurt him. Then he came to me-"

I didn't want to hear anymore. I flashed out into a random forest and I ran.

I kept running. I didn't even know where I was.

I came to a stop and sank to my knees and cried my heart out.

Memories of Perseus and I came flooding into my head and I cried even harder. I looked down at my hand and saw the bracelet. The gift he had given me as a gift for finally becoming an Olympian, forming the hunters, and a symbol of what we had. I took it off of my wrist.

"Well well what do we have here" I turned around dropping the bracelet in the process. There were some Cyclopes and other monsters surrounding me. "Master will be very pleased."

Next thing I knew everything went black.