Chapter 5: Be good

Tristan POV

I left the kitchen with a bowl of chicken porridge and vegetable soup in my hand. Then, while carefully positioning the bowl on the table, I sat beside her.

"You should eat. " I attempted to wake her up.

Her face scrunched as she declined to eat.

"Is that a no? " I chuckled as I spotted her expression.

"I don't feel hungry."

"I know you're not hungry, but you have to eat something anyway. Come on, I made some food for you."

"No, I don't have to eat."

"You have to."

"Why?"

"Because you need food for energy and the medicine is waiting for you."

"I'm not sick."

"What? You're not sick? Earlier, you said you had a fever." I laughed at her statement.

"No more fever. " She still wanted to argue with her weak condition. I suppressed my laughter, looking at how ridiculous she can be.

"Just follow what I said and I will do the rest, okay?" Hearing my words, she whimpered, displaying her protest. I pushed her up to make her sit, but she laid back in a second, leaving me with no choice but to use my body as a support for her to lean on. She leaned her back comfortably on my chest. Slowly, I grabbed the bowl on the table and fed her.

"Open your mouth." I persuaded her, but she shifted her face. A sigh slipped out of my lips with her stubbornness.

"Trisha, be good." I tried again. It works this time. She slowly opened her mouth, allowing me to feed her this time. After a few spoons, she started to cough and push my hand away.

"Alright, alright, I got that." I acknowledged, taking that as a hint to stop.

I carefully settled her down on the couch. Then, taking the nearly empty bowls, I went into the kitchen. I opened the kitchen cabinet looking for fever medication.

"What kind of person doesn't even have the first aid kit or medication at home?" I massaged my temple, noticing how reckless she was.

At last, I decided to get it from the nearest drug store. Without further ado, I darted to the door after I took her house key from the table. I need to be fast as I don't feel at ease leaving her alone at home with her condition at the moment. It didn't take me long to come back with a complete first aid kit with medication since I found a drug shop near her apartment.

"What are you doing on the floor?" The sight in front of me startled me. She was lying on the ground with no pillow while the blanket was on the couch.

I hurriedly picked her up from the floor and brought her to the bedroom. She squirmed in my arms. I sensed the warmth of her body touching my skin. After I put her on the bed, I prepared a glass of water and some medicine to treat her fever.

"No, I don't like medicine." She refused to cooperate.

"Well, I'll be surprised if you like it. Now, open your mouth, Trisha. You need this to get better." Instead of adhering to my words, she tightened her mouth, shaking her head away with her eyes closed tight.

"Listen here, if you agree to take this, I will buy you muffins as much as you want, deal?" I tricked her, and impressively it worked. From her response, anyone can tell what her favourite is. I can't help but smile at her reaction when it comes to muffins. What a magic thing that works on her!

"This girl is unbelievable."

I stopped feeding her the moment she pushed my hand. Once I laid her down on the bed, I strolled to the bathroom, searching for a towel. A wet towel probably will help to get rid of the heat. Carrying the wet towel, I settled on a chair next to her bed. Right when I was about to put the wet towel on her forehead, she whacked away my hand from coming closer to her. "Did you just slap me?" I asked in disbelief as her abrupt movement made me bewildered.

"It's cold." She complained, throwing a tantrum like a kid.

"Only for a moment, I promise. It will help to get rid of the fever."

"I told you, I don't have fever."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, before that you said you were running a fever and now you're pretending not to be sick. Alright, muffin girl, you have the final word." I smiled while fixing the wet towel on her forehead. She squirmed several times, but I grabbed her hand in my arm, breaking her attempt to remove the towel.

Trisha POV

I woke up in the morning with a slight headache. A small towel was found on my forehead. My face furrowed as I struggled to recall about last night. I remembered I was going to the bar, but I almost passed out. Initially, I told Anthony that I would be late, but he forced me to take a night off.

"What happened after I got here?" I wondered. Last night's pictures seem like missing puzzles. How did I get back to the apartment? Who put the towel on me?

Slowly, I strode from the room towards the living room and kitchen. Maybe the person who looked after me was waiting out there. My expectation was met with disappointment as no one was found in the apartment and a sigh slipped from my lips instantly. As I was about to walk away, my eyes noted a colourful box on the table. It looks so cute that I can't resist reaching for it. The content inside made me amused.

"Muffins! Wow, this is incredible!" Those irresistible muffins lift my mood. I grabbed one right away and shoved it in my mouth.

When I was busy trying the muffins, I spotted a note next to the muffins box.

'As promised last night, muffins for being a good girl.'

I turned the paper to the other side, in case I saw any name on the paper, but it was blank. I read the simple message on the paper repetitively; I was trying to recall about last night but to no avail.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤