Chapter 41: The same sandwich

Trisha POV

I lingered outside Tristan's room to allow the doctor to have some space while taking care of Tristan's injury. It doesn't take that long for the doctor to finish his duty inside. Noticing him getting out from the room, I inquired, "How is he doing, Doc?"

A smile surfaced on his face as he looked in my way. "Nothing serious, young lady. He will heal in a couple of days, but only if there's no new cut." He ended his remark with a peal of small laughter. I sighed as I heard his answer and felt guilty at the same time.

"I hope so. Anything I need to do for him?"

"Clean the cut and change the dressing every day. We need to make sure no infection. Also, he got some flu. Give him the medicine that I provided. If nothing serious, he will recover soon."

"Thank you for that. I will take care of him. Let me walk you out." I politely accompanied him to the door.

After the doctor left, I went to the kitchen for the food which I had prepared earlier. With a plate of food in my hand, I strolled to Tristan's room. I will need to do as per the doctor's advice.

"Tristan, can I come in?"

"Come in, Muffin,"

I slightly pushed the door when his voice was heard. Recalling the embarrassing incident that had happened before, I peeked through the door to confirm whether it was a suitable time for me to go in.

He caught me by stating, "I'm not naked; just come in."

I flashed him an awkward smile before entering the room with ease.

"I got you breakfast, or should we call it brunch?" He was lying down with his back rested towards the bed frame. His eyes followed my gesture, observing the plate I placed on the nightstand before settling down beside him.

"Have you eaten?"

"Here, I got two for us." I showed him the two sets of sandwiches. He grabbed one of them and moved it to my mouth.

"Eat it. This is to repay your help." I gleefully accepted it and took a bit. The next minute I, saw him taking a bite of the same sandwich that I was eating.

Hey, that's mine!" His action surprised me.

"I don't mind, though."

"Ok, ok, since you are still a sick person, I will let you off. By the way, we have things yet to settle. Do you still remember?" I threw him a hint about our conversation in the bathroom earlier.

He glanced away before a sigh slipped from his lips. Apparently, it showed how much the talk made him feel uneasy. I changed my seat to sit in front of him, my hands on his cheeks, urging him to keep his eyes on me.

"I knew about everything, and that night I heard every single word that you said. I hope you will ask me if you have any doubt rather than you come with your own assumption and make a decision without asking about my opinion."

With his eyes staring intensely at me, he said, "I'm sorry about that. I promised I wouldn't keep anything from you anymore. If you don't mind, can I ask you a question?"

"Go on, Tristan."

"If I'm not wounded this time, will you come to meet me?"

"No, unless you were honest to me and explained to me the reason you suddenly acted cold towards me. I mean when both of us were conscious, not when you thought I was asleep."

"How long will you stay this time? Until I recover?"

"That depends on you. How long do you want me to stay?"