Chapter 36: Good morning, Muffin.

Tristan POV

With my hand underneath my head, I watched her sleeping soundly next to me. Her sweet and cute sleepy face made my eyes refuse to leave her face. I could stare at her for the whole day. Then, just when I was being captivated by her beauty, she suddenly stirred in the bed and moved closer to me with both hands wrapping my neck tightly. Her head was resting securely on my chest.

I smiled, looking at how she curled her body comfortably around me and my mind wondered if she would be acting like that too when she was awake. Then, taking advantage of her affections, I lowered my head and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey muffin, aren't you hungry? It's time for breakfast." I whispered near her ear.

"I don't want breakfast. I need more sleep." She responded with her sleepy voice while her eyes remained closed.

"But you-" Her palm that was suddenly covering my mouth prevented me from uttering any words. The swift movement caused me to be bewildered. At the same time, I noticed her placing her other hand on her ear.

"Shh..don't talk. You're noisy."

I captured her hand on my lips and placed a kiss there before moving it away. My movement caused her to flutter opened her eyes, and I observed how she lazily lifted her head to face me. Her face was blurred, and that puzzled expression made her look adorable.

"Tristan?"

"Yeah, it's me. Good morning, muffin." I answered, brushing off the strand of hairs that were covering her face. She pulled her hand out from my grip. Her attitude shifted in an instance.

"Why are you here, and what are you doing here?" The dissatisfaction was visible on her face. She halted for a while before inquiring, "Eh, no, why am I here?" She sat on the bed and pulled the blanket, making sure it covered her body before thoroughly checking her nightwear.

I can't help but laugh at her action. Judging from her reaction, I knew what was inside her mind.

"What is inside your head?" I flicked her forehead with that question.

"You're not putting on a shirt, you pervert." She pushed me away when I approached closer, peering at me with her double-sized eyes.

"You had seen it last night. This isn't our first time. Why so surprised? And the last time I checked, you laid comfortably on my chest, and your hands seem to like my body too." I crawled closer to her inch by inch, which resulted in her moving backward a few times until she accidentally fell from the bed.

"Ouch, my back."

I chuckled at her and teased her by stating, "That's the result of escaping me. So learn from that and never run away from me next time."

She fired me with her eyes as if she could kill me with that look.

"Monster!" She yelped and immediately flew to the bathroom before I could do anything to her.

"I know you like this monster, anyway," I exclaimed.

Slowly getting up from the bed, I leave the room to prepare breakfast. I wanted the breakfast to be ready before she finished her morning routine. Today, I plan to mend our relationship and start a new page, and I hope it will go smoothly as I planned.

Trisha POV

Done with my morning routine, I peeked from the bathroom to ensure he wasn't in the room. I heard the door shut but was still cautious since only a bathrobe was covering my body. My eyes caught the sight of a shirt and jeans placed nicely on the bed. I was convinced that he had prepared that for me as I saw a note next to it with my name mentioned there.

"How did he know my size?" I asked myself a few times as the clothes fit me perfectly. Finally, satisfied with my look from the reflection in the mirror, I strolled down to the kitchen, searching for him. I'm sure that he is busy making breakfast.

As I expected, I was greeted by the familiar side of him that was busy preparing breakfast. Standing near the door to take some time to mesmerize his view, I have got to admit that I missed this sight of him but to agree to his request this time will be too easy for him.

"Look like someone is missing me." His voice erupted my eardrums, making me mask my blushed face. I could imagine the way his lips twisted into a smug smirk when he came out with that statement.

"Too much confident," I said, trying my best to cover up my sneaky behavior.

"Anyway, you're on time, the breakfast is ready to eat. Come here." With two plates of sandwiches in his hands, he walked to the dining room, gesturing me to follow, and I did as he motioned.

"I miss the muffin downstairs." I gave him a hint that I craved something else for breakfast.

"Not now; we get that later. You should have a proper meal first before satisfying your stomach with something sweet like that."

"Who are you to judge muffins? They are considered as a proper meal too." I retorted, sitting down on the chair in front of him. But, again, he said nothing, just shook his head, looking at me, making a fuss over muffins. Afterward, he pointed on the plate, inaudibly asking me to shut my mouth with the sandwich that he prepared, and again even though I'm feeling unsatisfied with that, I still followed as he wanted.

"Up to your taste?" He asked after a moment of silence.

I shrugged, "Just so-so, not that it can beat the muffin downstairs."

He pinched my cheek, perhaps not feeling happy with my answer.

"Don't harass me," I said with sarcasm which provoked his signature smirk to grace his face again.

"I can show you the real meaning of harass." I shoved a small piece of tomato into his mouth to silence him.

"Why are you still here? You ain't going to work?"

"Nope, I will be working from home today."

"Why?"

"You guess?"

"Because of me?"

He nodded, "Yeah, because of you."

"But I want you to be at work. I don't need you to stay here, and I will be leaving soon as well."

"Where to?"

"Home."

"You're home."

"This ain't my home."

"Yes, it is. So, you're not going anywhere."

"Tristan, I don't wanna stay here."

"You promised me last night to stay, and we still have an unsettled issue between us. So you can't leave until we clear the issue."

At a time like this, I knew arguing with him wouldn't settle anything. Besides, it will only drag my time and cause me to stay longer with him here. Thus, I came out with an idea to deceive him.

"Okay, we will talk, but before that, I need my muffins. You know what you need to do."

"Deal. Give me a few minutes; my phone is upstairs." He walked out of the dining room. Just in a few minutes, he disappeared from my sight.

Making sure he won't hear me, I sneakily tip-toeing to the door. I held my breath as I slowly opened the door to avoid any commotion that would make him notice my escape.

"Trisha, don't go!" His voice echoed through the hall, driving my heartbeat to quicken in an instant. I turned my back to look at him before hurrying to the lift. I ran as if my soul had left my body. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤