Epilogue

Eight months later 

Tristan POV

"You seem so busy lately. Don't tell me you need to work this weekend as well." I was concentrating on replying to emails when a pair of hands came to hug me from behind.

I turned to the side, pecking her lips before replying, "I have to, Muffin."

"Alright." I saw her pouted lips from my screen, probably feeling upset that I had been working overtime for the past few weeks.

"You have any plan for this weekend?" I tried to talk about another topic to avert her attention.

"Not really, you're not here. What is the point for me to plan anything? I will still be alone after all." Her voice was down.

"Are you mad, Muffin?" I pulled her over, making her sit on my lap with my hands caressing her back. She refused to look at me while keeping her hands busy playing with my shirt.

"My Muffin is mad at me. What should I do now? Will a kiss be enough to make her better?" I wanted to kiss her but stopped by her palm that covered my lips.

"I don't want your kiss right now. Why are you so busy lately? New project coming in?" She questioned; her eyes moved to my laptop.

"There are some issues that need to fix before launching day, and I need to speed up since the dateline is approaching."

"So, I guess I will have to spend my time alone until the launching date." Her hands lingered on the back of my neck, and she buried her face on my chest.

I kissed her head a few times, hugging her tightly in my embrace, taking the chance to inhale her scent. Looking at her like that made me feel guilty, but this torturing period almost ended for both of us.

"I promised to redeem it with something beautiful after I have done with my work, okay?" I caressed her soft hair.

She nodded and replied, "I will mark it down." A smile covered her face as she pulled away and looked up at me.

"I will be in the room. Don't stay too long." She stood up from my lap and pecked my lips before strolling to the stairs.

Trisha POV

Looking at the calendar on my phone with a reminder of Tristan's birthday that I set a few months ago, I got upset that he had to work overtime. There are many plans that I was looking forward to, but he doesn't have time to celebrate his birthday even though it falls on the weekend, and I guess he might probably forget about the date.

My phone buzzed, and I read the text immediately as the name of the sender attracted me.

'I dropped my pen in my sister's room yesterday. Could you help me find it?'

My mind immediately recalled his visit to his sister's room in the last few days. He was acting weird lately, but I assumed that was because he missed his sister. So, I didn't mind when he spent time alone in that room. I respected his privacy, but I was more curious about the pen, which sounded special to him.

'Are you sure you want me to enter your sister's room?' I sent the text confirming his request. He allowed no one to enter the room, and that included me as well.

'Yes, Muffin. The room is not locked. Help me find the pen, please?' There was something wrong with his behaviour, but I agreed with his request without questioning him further.

The sensor lights automatically lighten up the whole house the moment I step in. Everything is still in the same condition. I was impressed with the way Tristan kept the house clean and neat. Without wasting any time, I walked to the stairs, heading to his sister's room. He might be waiting for my news about the pen.