Chapter 39: Will you leave?

Tristan POV

"Why aren't you eating?" She finally looked up at me after she joyfully completed a bowl of porridge.

"I can't eat with my left hand."

"Then, tell me you need my help." She provoked me to say the word she wanted to hear, but I refused to fulfil her wish this time.

"I don't need your help. I can go to sleep without eating, but you force me to come with you."

I practically chuckled when I spotted her closing her eyes, inhaling a deep breath before faking a smile on her face.

"Let me be a kind person today." She moved to the chair next to me, grabbing the bowl with porridge in front of me. I paid attention to how she carefully blew the porridge before feeding me until I finished it.

"How's it?"

"Not bad considering that you're not good at cooking."

She rolled her eyes, hearing my feedback. I deliberately said that to piss her off. Looking at her face with various expressions made my day fun. I suppressed my laughter so that it wouldn't spoil the whole thing. I wasn't mad at her; instead, I felt delighted when I saw her coming back, but I just pretended not to care to make her stay with me.

"Since you are full, you may leave and have your sleep." I captured her hand before she walked away from my side.

"How about you?" She gawked at me as if I was a boy that pleading for his mom to stay closer.

"I'm not going anywhere, Tristan, but I need to clean the kitchen."

"Ok, you can go. I will wait for you in my room."

"Why? Just go to sleep. Don't wait for me."

"Then I'm not going anywhere. I will stay here."

"Tristan!" She yelped my name through her gritted teeth.

"What are you? Five?" I asked her when I saw her stomping her legs out of anger. She snorted with my question. Her speechless face was hilarious, and I failed to suppress a grin on my face.

"You're acting like five!" She slapped my chest.

"Uh-uh, who is acting like five now?"

"Argh, I don't wanna talk to you." She sticks out her tongue before I'm able to grab her.

For almost one hour, I was sitting there observing her cleaning the kitchen. Every time I attempted to help, she will ask me to rest since she didn't want to take another risk for my injury.

When I noted the kitchen was in tidy condition, I questioned her, "Are we done here?"

She nodded her head after looking through the surrounding around before her eyes settled on my face. Acknowledging her answer, I reached to hold her hand and pulled her towards the stairs.

"Where to?" She was reluctant to follow me.

"Let's watch a movie in my room before we sleep."

"Aren't you feel sleepy?" Staring at her face, I shook my head in convincing her.

"Alright, one movie before we sleep. Do you need to take any medicine before that?"

"Don't worry, I'm good. Is there any movie you want to watch?"

"Up to you. I don't even know if I will stay until the end of the movie."

"Don't bother about that. You don't have to pay for this movie. It's my treat." I winked while tightening my hand around her neck, holding her as if she would disappear from me any time.

"I think you better sleep on the right side tonight, or maybe it would be better if I sleep on the couch tonight."

"No, you are not going anywhere." I pulled her hand, which accidentally caused her body to hit my hand due to the sudden force. I groaned as the pain hit me right on my injured part.

"Sorry, that was an accident!"

"If you're sorry, then you're going to stay here tonight."

She drew away from her hand and shifted to cover her chest. With furrowed eyebrows, she commented, "You're acting weird tonight. Do you have any naughty ideas in your head?"

"What are you thinking?" I flicked her forehead, which made her flinched, and rubbed her forehead with the back of her palm.

"Don't make me kick your right hand." She threatened cutely, making me laugh at her, and pinched her cheek.

She lifted her hand with a sign to hit me, but I quickly blocked it by showing her my injured hand, although I knew she didn't intend to do so.

"I'm handicapped, remember?" She sighed, hearing my statement.

"Move aside, let me arrange the place. Get ready with the movie."

We settled down on our seats once she had done arranging the bed. During the two hours, I spent most of my time peeking at her, watching her various expressions while she was concentrating on the movie. Judging from her looks, she seems to enjoy the movie.

"Are you sleepy?" I noticed her sleepy eyes and the yawn that left her mouth.

Rubbing her eyes, she responded, "Not yet, let's finish the movie before we sleep." She looked at me; a smile clouded her face as she tried to assure me.

"Lay down," I put her head on my shoulder, and she gratefully allowed it.

I sensed her hands clinging to my body a few minutes later with her head resting comfortably on my chest. I had no control over the smile that slowly crept on my face. My hand moved to tug the loose hairs that were covering her face.

"Trisha.." I called her to see if she was asleep.

"Hmm," she murmured lazily.

"Will you leave tomorrow?" I had many chances to get her answer while she was awake, but I was not ready. I could feel even my inner voice was mocking me for being a coward.

My hand stopped caressing her hair as she suddenly nodded.

"Are you saying you will leave?"

"Hmm.." She responded before changing her position.

"So, I'm not good enough to make you stay." My eyes refused to sleep since I knew it would be the last night I could keep her beside me. I use the last chance to mesmerize her face and hold her close to me.

I kissed her forehead, knowing that it would be the last chance to do so. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤