Chapter 34: A nice talk

Trisha POV

I wrapped my wet hair and strode to the bed to pick up the shirt he forced me to put on. Judging from his reaction, I could assume he detested my outfit. As predicted, the protective side of him refused to let me expose too much skin in public. Unexpectedly, a smile clouded my face as I kept thinking about his jealousy.

Feeling comfortable in the baggy shirt, I strode out of the room and headed downstairs. The smell from the kitchen attracted me; my legs stepped to the source of the smell voluntarily.

"What are you doing?" I threw him an obvious question, knowing that he was busy preparing the dinner in the kitchen.

He took a glimpse at me before pointing out, "Now you look much better."

"I think I look better in my outfit earlier. Everyone loves my new style and-"

"Everyone who? Those maniac guys who kept raping you with their eyes?" His loud voice alarmed me, provoking me to take a few steps backwards. I raised my hands, warning him to stop approaching closer.

Even though I knew this wasn't the right time to argue with him but my mouth determined to act smart by replying, "No, they weren't. Don't accuse them like that."

"Never wear a freaking dress like that anymore." He gripped my cheeks and gave me no choice but to nod my head.

Before he released me, he squished my cheeks, "This sound like my muffin." I whacked his hands away, feeling exasperated with how he smirked as if he successfully took control over me.

"I don't want to eat. You don't have to prepare anything. I gotta leave soon."

"Poor thing, sweetheart, it's not up to you to decide."

"What do you mean? You can't keep me here, Tristan. This is kidnapping. I can file a report against you."

"Oh wow, I like that idea. It sounds challenging."

"Tristan, I'm not kidding. Go on with your dinner; I'm leaving." Without waiting for his response, I hurriedly ran out of the kitchen, leaving him behind with his food.

Unfortunately, just a few steps from the kitchen, I squealed as I noticed a pair of hands lift me from the floor. My hands wrapped around the back of his neck, making sure my butt wouldn't hit the floor.

"You will not leave in this shirt." He warned me, carrying me to the living room. He placed me gently on the table next to the TV cabinet before pulling out a hairdryer from the drawer underneath.

"I'm going to change and leave."

"That's even worse. That stupid shirt already turned to ashes."

"What did you do to my skirt? Hey, my skirt is not stupid. I spent a lot of money to get that." I confronted.

"I can get you ten or even a hundred skirts with enough fabric to cover your body." He was busy setting up the hairdryer while arguing with me.

"I don't wanna dry my hair," I said that as I wanted him to stay away from me. Instead of taking into consideration what I said, he unwrapped the towel and wiped my hair.

"Try to move again and see what happen next." He was settling in between my legs, with his face mere inches from me. My mouth shut, but I could feel my heartbeat thumping wildly inside. Bitting my lips, I rocked my head, letting him know I wouldn't do anything against his will.

Putting the towel aside, he started to run his fingers through my hair while drying it. His eyes were fixated on my hair while I was being fascinated by his charm. I can't help but keep my sight on him, using the chance to observe every corner of his face since he was standing close in front of me. The way he treated me gently always made me have a deep affection towards him. I wished to be with him, not as a sister, but at the same time, my heart kept telling me I couldn't give him an easy way since he was the one who pushed me out of his life. I should make him realise his mistake.