Chapter 11: I bought you

Tristan POV

"Why don't you eat? Something wrong with my cook?" I turned to look at her, noticing she barely touched the food on the table.

"Nothing is wrong with the food. Just that I don't really have appetite." She didn't look at me. It seems like something is disturbing her, or to be more accurate, she is upset for some reason.

"What's wrong?" I started to get worried but refused to let her notice.

"Did your face hurt?" She shook her head.

"Finger?" Again, she shook her head.

"Nothing is wrong." She answered but with a sigh. "I want to go back to my apartment." She continued.

"You can't return to that apartment."

"Why?" This time she finally glanced at me.

"That place is not safe. I can't ensure your safety there."

"I don't need you to protect me." Her sentence was full of anger and frustration. I raised my eyebrows at her statement, judging her self-confidence.

"And then? Are you planning to keep me here?"

"Do you have another place to go?" She was about to answer me, but I cut her off. "Except that apartment," I added.

"Who do you think you are? I don't have anything to do with you. You can't keep me here."

"Think about what you said again."

"I don't think I can communicate with you."

"Do you want to go back to the dirty place again? To be kept in the nasty room again while waiting for a new owner to buy you? Why are you treating yourself like a piece of shit?" I couldn't help but raised my voice this time. She doesn't care about his safety at all.

"So that's how you view me? As a shit?" She pushed the chair away and gawking at me with full of anger.

"I didn't say you're a shit, but you're the one who treating yourself like a worthless person. You don't care about your safety at all."

"I'm not. You don't have the right to say something bad about me."

"Then tell me why you agreed with the agreement?"

"I don't see any problem from that agreement since I will make payment every month. They're the one who cheat. The problem is not me, so why are you being so harsh to me?"

"I'm not-"

She raised her hand, signalling me to stop talking. "Oh, I know now. I'm sorry for the trouble. Thank you for keeping me here and I appreciate all the thing that you've done to me. I will disappear from your life and not going to get you involve with anything related to me. Thanks again for today." She said it all in one breath and immediately left the dining room.

"Where are you going?" I followed her before she was really out of my sight. She ignored me and headed to the main door.

"Stop right there, Trisha." I warned her, at the same time remind myself to be calm as possible.

"Trisha, I said stop right there."

Her hand reached for the doorknob, and she was about to open the door when I grabbed her hand. With one swift move, I spun her body around, making her back lay on the door while my hand was on her arm.

"I told you to stop. You're not safe outside. I can't guarantee they will obey the agreement and not harm you." I stared into her eyes. Noticing her teary eyes, I realized I was being harsh towards her and immediately regretted my action.