Chapter 13: Another action scene

Trisha POV

Today was the third day I moved into Tristan's sister apartment. Thinking about the way to pay off the debt make me feel a little pressure. That was an enormous amount for me and the money that I got from my night's work wasn't enough. So, I planned to look for a part-time job in the daytime so there's a possibility for me to pay off the debt sooner.

"Good morning, is this miss Trisha?"

"Hello, morning. Yes, I'm."

"I'm calling from Street Restaurant. Are you still looking for a job?"

"Yes, yes, I am."

"Good to hear that. Can you start tomorrow? We urgently need people to help."

"Sure, no problem. I will be on time." I promptly accepted the offer without having a second thought. My mission to pay off the debt looks more realistic now. The moment the call ended, I screamed and jumped joyfully.

'Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.'

****

The first day of my working day in the restaurant wasn't that tough. First, the supervisor taught me the basics of greeting customers, taking orders, delivering the order to the table, and cleaning up the table. In the meantime, I also learned how to use the coffee machine. Well, that might be a small case for other people, but for me, who doesn't know a lot of stuff in the kitchen, that was a big deal.

"Trisha, can you help to take order for table 2?" Alvis, one of the servers there asking for my help.

"Okay, be right there." I hurriedly picked up the tablet from the counter and rushed to the table.

"Thank you!"

"No problem, Alvis!" Wasting no time, I approached the customer on that table. A middle-aged man was sitting there. He looked smart in his suit.

"Welcome to Street Restaurant, sir. I'm Trisha. I'm here to take your order." I flashed him a smile while ready with the order apps.

"Trisha, is it?" He read my name on my uniform.

"Yes, you're right, sir."

"I like your uniform. It looks nice."

"Hmm, thank you." His comment created an uneasiness in me which caused me to pull down my skirt spontaneously. If it weren't because of the job, I wouldn't wear it anyway.

"Order, sir?"

"Oh, give me a cup of black coffee and a set of toast." I recorded his order, hoping that I can immediately leave the table.

"That's all?"

"What if I order you?" I studied him, not sure if I misheard him, but the nasty smile on his face says otherwise. However, thinking about today as my first day working here, I don't want to create any chaos; therefore, I feign a smile, pretending it was just a joke.

"I will come back with your order." I hold my rage, trying my best to be polite. Before I walked away, a hand suddenly touched my back. I was shocked by his rude action. Turning around, I scowled at him, but he pretended that was an accident.

"Ops, my bad. I wasn't doing that on purpose."

I despise the awful smile on his face, but that wasn't last for long until someone abruptly came and smack his head on the table. A raucous noise was heard, provoking me to peer around. As predicted, the scene resulted in everyone gawking at us. I covered my mouth with my palm, recognizing the guy who attacked the nasty man.

"Tristan?"

"This is the way to knock some sense into your head." Then, he grabbed his arm and pulled it hard until a crack sound was heard. The old man groaned in pain. "And this is the consequence of touching her."

"Let go!" He exploded in anger.

"Tristan, please stop. Everyone is looking at us." I touched his arm to stop him. That pervert will die if he continues to torture him with strength.

"I didn't do anything wrong. Let me finish this guy!" He yelled. He looks scary when he gets angry, but I still need to stop him before he becomes a killer.

"Tristan, please. I'm okay. Nothing happened to me."

"I'm not okay!" He is fuming with anger.

"I don't want you to be a murderer!" I raised my voice and eventually got his attention. He glared at me with his red eyes. I knew he wanted to release his anger but at least not with violence. Plus, it is at my workplace, and today is my first day here.

He finally released his grip from the guy and strode to the cashier counter, pulling out a few notes from his wallet. "For the damage. And also, she officially resigned."

"What?" He caught me surprised with his words.

"I give you five minutes, meet me outside." He pushed the door without glancing at me.

Before he comes back with his violent act, I decided to obey him. I dashed to the back, took my bag from the locker and told them I would be back tomorrow to clear the mess. I apologized and ran out from the restaurant, feeling embarrassed for becoming the focal point.

My eyes spotted the sight of Tristan leaning against his car. "Tristan, you don't have the right to decide for me." That was the first sentence from me. I was mad at hearing his remarks just now. It wasn't easy for me to get this job.

"Do you plan to stay at the same place and let a new guy molest you again?"

"We can't control things like that. It will happen anywhere."

"If I didn't show up, what will you do? Just let it be and pretended nothing happen?"

"That's my business. You don't have to interfere."

"You can't even take care of yourself. How can I not interfere?"

I sighed due to the dissatisfaction that he treated me like a kid. "Do you know how hard for me to get this job?"

He blew out a deep breath. "Why don't you come to me?" His tone changed, not harsh like before.

"Tristan, I don't want to rely on you all the time." My voice softens as I understood his kindness towards me.

"We're not stranger. I can help you get a better job in a proper place."

"Don't tell me it's your company." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"Name a better place, if you could."

I shook my head rapidly, rejecting his offer. "No, not there."

"Tell me the reason."

"People will have the wrong perception about us. I don't want anyone judging me and assuming I'm taking advantage of our relationship."

He chuckled lightly. "You thought I will let you taking advantage of me? I'm not that easy." The way he showed his smirk mockingly made me rolled my eyes. "We are recruiting since last week. You're lucky because there are jobs available. Give it a try and the result depend on your ability." He explained.

"Why are you helping me?"

"Last few days you just called me brother." He raised his eyebrows while staring at me. The emotion on his face wasn't scarier than earlier. I smiled and nodded my head for his offer.

"By the way, how do you know I work here today? Is this a coincident or are you spying on me?"

"Hey, muffin. Should I remind you I'm a busy person? I just want to be your customer but I have no idea why every time we meet it will be action scene."

"I have no idea too." I trailed off, getting a little upset with the fact. Anywhere I go, there will be trouble while I was yearning for some normal days like other people. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤