Chapter 6: What friends are for

Trisha POV

I came a little early to the bar. It was too stuffy to stay at home, and lately, I felt this bar was safer compared to my apartment. So, I have been sitting on the second floor alone, clearing my mind with a cup of coffee and a few pieces of muffins which I got from the cafe on my way here. I distracted my mind by watching people occupying the bar from the highest floor.

"Hey, Trisha!" I spun around as a familiar voice called my name.

"Hey, guys." A smile came across my face as I guess it accurately. Cassandra and Carlos were standing behind me with their hands intertwined. What a lovely couple. I smiled, looking at the sight.

"Hey, Trisha. Hope you're getting better."

"Yes, I'm all good."

"Glad to know that. I'm going to leave my girlfriend here for you." Carlos suggested, understand that we need space to talk.

"I'll return her back without a scratch." I reassured him with a joke, making them laugh with my remark.

"I'll wait for you at our place there, cupcake." He went to their usual place.

"Mind if I join you for a while?"

"That will be my honor." I responded cheerfully.

"I'm pleased to see you here tonight. How are you? We heard you had fever yesterday."

"It was a miserable night. I almost fainted on my way to work. It gave me no choice but to take a day off."

"He told us that he had forbidden you to come into this place until you recovered and also, he mentioned you are a stubborn girl. That's what the man said, not me.

I broke off with laughter at her statement, recalling my conversation with Anthony last night. He was right; I was being forced to rest last night.

"They always claimed that, but yet we're the one that they need in their life."

"No doubt about that. By the way, I'm wondering are you staying alone?"

"Yup, since I don't have any family or friends with me here."

"Oh, so who's taking care of you last night?"

"Thank God I got a nice neighbor. She helped me and took me to the house when I almost fainted. I guess she was the one that taking care of me too."

"You know we're friends now and it's okay if you call me when you need help. I can look after you if you're not well."

"That's really sweet of you. I appreciate that, but no worries. I have been alone for some time and as you can see I'm still surviving." I patted her hand as a gesture of gratitude. However, her following action surprised me. She walked up to me and held me in her arms.

"Are we supposed to be emotional tonight?" Someone cut us off, causing her to release her hands quickly.

"Scarlet!" We called out in unison, looking at her confused face behind us.

"What is this about? Tell me."

"We're just talking about her fever last night. I told her we could take care of her as she lives on her own."

"Absolutely, that's what friends are for, isn't it?

"You guys are such nice people. Now I know why those guys are so attached to you two." I admired the way their boyfriends adored them. It was too evident that they were their favourite person. I used to have one person who cares about me too, but sadly, he is gone.

"Next time, we'll share our story. It's not easy to deal with those crazy men." Scarlet said, murmuring the last part.

"That will be fun. I look forward to hear the story." I was really excited about it.

"We should hang out someday. You know, like girls' time." Cassandra suggested.

"Great idea. I'm in!" I seconded the idea.

"Me too!" And supported by Scarlet.

"Where is the rest of 'em? They aren't coming tonight?

"They will be here but maybe a bit late. Are you going to perform tonight?"

"I won't let you guys down, my fans." I teased them, feigning a proud face.

"See who's talking." Scarlet's remarks made all of us giggling.

Tristan POV

'When did I become her neighbor? ' I mumbled while listening to their conversation. She doesn't remember anything that happened last night. I was with her for a couple of hours and only left home in the morning before she woke up. Realizing that she might freak out if she saw me in her apartment, I chose to leave before that.

Anyway, that was not important for me. I don't want her to learn about last night neither, as long as she's in good shape. I stood there for a while, peering at her cheerful face talking, laughing and joking around with the girls. A smile unexpectedly covered my face.

I know she's hiding something behind her playful face. She concealed it perfectly so that no one can read her through. However, this is not the case for an observer like me. Or, apparently, I'm just like her. I did well in covering the pain, preventing it from emerging.

Sometimes a strong woman also needs another person's hand, a shoulder to lean on and a companion that provides comfort. And maybe I'm prepared to be that person for her even though she doesn't seem to know about it.

"Well girls, it's time to be on stage. I have to get there before my team members shouting for my name." She finished her drinks in one gulp before getting off from the stool.

"Come join us later after you wrap up your work. We can keep chattering," Cassandra suggested.

"Sure thing. See you guys later. Enjoy my performance, fans!" I heard she said jokingly.

"Will do!"

I take that as the cue to walk away before anyone notices my presence there. She will come and join the girls later so I get to see her.

Strangely, I was anticipated for her to come. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

PS: This will be the last chapter for today, next chapter will be next weekend (hopefully). Thank you for your support! :-)