Chapter 10: Under his protection

Tristan POV

"You can leave now. I will take care of the rest. Thank you for today." I asked the housekeeper to leave once I arrived home. She nodded politely, acknowledging my instruction and ended her duty afterwards. Before my arrival, I make sure Ryan took Trisha to my place and asked the housekeeper to stay with her.

Wasting no time, I rushed to the room. A breath of relief left my mouth as I found her figure lying comfortably on the bed. I scrunched my face the moment my eyes caught the bruises that were covering her face. It was noticeable through the dim light. Getting angry with the sight, I immediately took out my phone and dialled Ryan's number.

"You did not tell me they hurt her!" I screeched as if my heart will explode at any time.

"I handled that part for you. That guy can barely breath."

"You can do better than that. He doesn't deserve to live." I disconnected the call when I saw she wriggled on the bed. Then, moving a few steps closer to her, I stood near the bed. I make sure it was a safe distance between us so that I won't scare her or make her feel uncomfortable seeing me around.

I was standing there, looking at how she kicked the blanket off before turning her body around to look for a comfortable position on the bed. Then, a smile approached me out of the blue as I was happy to see her in a deep slumber. Ryan told me she passed out when they brought her out from the disgusting place, and I knew the best thing for her now is to rest.

"Looks like someone's having a good sleep." I murmured.

I was about to walk out of the room but stopped by a groan from her. Her face furrowed, showing her effort to endure the pain. She made me worried.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I squatted next to her.

"Trisha?" I called again since no response from her. 

"Hurt..It hurts.." Her eyes remained shut, but I heard her even though her voice was weak.

"Hurt? Which part? Here?" I reached out my hand and touched her face gently. My eyes caught the sight of the pain killer on the nightstand next to the bed. I quickly grabbed the empty glass and filled it with water before shoving the pill into her mouth. I stayed with her until I was assured that the effect of the pain killer slowly erased her pain.

"Get well soon, little one." I caressed her face before covering her with the blanket and leave the room.

Trisha POV

I peered around the unfamiliar room while trying to recall the incident that happened before I was in an unconscious condition, but the last thing that I remembered was Ryan helped me out from the gloomy room. The rest of the memory was blank. Kicking off the blue blanket which was covering my body, I caught the T-shirt that hung on my body.

Decided that I need to figure out if I was in a safe place, I walked out of the room silently. I tried not to make any noise so that no one will notice I was awake. It was a prominent place with a simple yet excellent design. The furniture and decorations in the house were mostly in dark colours.

"Looks like the owner has a dark soul." I mumbled in a slow voice. I've wandered to the living room but have seen no one.

"I'm here." Startled by the voice, I quickly whirled around, trying to locate the owner.

"Tristan?!"

"You can't be a spy with this skill."

"You scared me." I scolded him, rubbing my chest as if it helps my attempt to slow down my accelerated heartbeat.