Chapter 17: A jealous brother

Trisha POV

"Trisha, are you ready?" The soft knock on the door and the familiar voice greeted me in the morning. The only thing that separated our distance was the main door.

"One minute!" I answered while fastening my speed to wear my sneaker, but the only thing that made me slow down was the shoelace.

"Ah, whatever." I give up. That issue had been irritating me since I was a kid—poor me.

"Be quick, or else we will be late."

Without answering him, I quickly twisted the doorknob and pulled the door. He was leaning on the wall with hands in his pocket. A casual polo shirt, sweatpants, sneakers, and sunglasses brought out his different aura him.

"What are you staring at?"

"N-nothing." Being caught while drooling over someone is an embarrassing moment.

"Let's go, we are late." I gushed, looking at the time. Then, moving my toes, I walked in front of him, but he stopped me.

"Stop there."

His dominant voice spontaneously making my body freeze, and, turning my body around, I look at his face. I act like a person who just committed a crime. He slowly came closer in my direction, and I couldn't stop my leg from moving backward.

"Don't move." He warned again. I tried to look at his eyes, but it was blocked by the sunglasses. He suddenly bent down and grabbed my leg to make me stop escaping from him.

"What are you doing, Tristan?" I almost fall due to his sudden action. Luckily, I stabled myself and placed my hand on his shoulder. 

"I'm preventing you from falling. You don't even know how to take care of yourself." He was mumbling while his hands were busy helping me to tie the shoelace. A smile is automatically covering my face, looking at his gentle behavior. He might look cold stone for most people, but after a while of knowing him, I wouldn't doubt if anyone says that he is a real hero from the fiction world. He indeed looks like one.

"What are you smiling at?" His voice snapped me back to reality. I wasn't sure when he was standing in front of me, but his face was too close, making me push him away.

"That's how you thank me?"

I laughed off at his funny reaction. "Thank you, brother."

Then, we walked together to the parking lot. The company organized team building, and all employees needed to gather before traveling by bus. Tristan insisted on sending me to the company even though I pursued him several times I could go there alone. It was my trick to avoid people talking about us but, at last, I had no choice but to follow his car.

The ringtone of my phone caught my attention. I quickly pulled it out from my right pocket. Looking at the name on the screen, I immediately answered the call.

Tristan POV

"Hey, boss. Good morning."

"It's ok. I will get a cab." She peeked at me as she lied to her boss.

"What? You are here? Alright, if you don't mind, give me a few minutes. I'm coming down."

"Be right there. Bye." 

Silently standing behind her in the lift, I listened to her phone conversation. Well, it's not my intention to eavesdrop on their conversation, but I couldn't help when I heard she mentioned the caller's name. Shoving her phone in her pocket, she then turned to look at me.

"Erm, my boss is waiting for me downstairs, so you don't need to send me. I will go with him."

"As you wish." I nodded with a hint of disappointment hidden inside. Then, just at the right time, the lift arrived on the ground floor. We got out of the lift at the same time.

"Bye, see you there later." She waved her hand at me before rushing to the exit door. I was standing there observing her.

A guy is waiting for her outside with a black car next to him. He immediately opened the door for her once he noticed her coming closer. The pleased expression on his face while having interaction with her was too obvious.

"She chose that guy over me?" I was mumbling alone, leaving the building to get my car.

***

"Hello, brother!" That voice was enough to make me have another headache.

"You're so early." I glanced at him in casual wear, too.

"You know me. When it comes to outdoor activity, I'm in energetic mode."

"Everyone knows that." He chuckled at my comment. I took out my backpack from the car before locking it. We decided to join the others employers and go to the team building's location by bus too. Thinking about the benefit of having a nap on the way there made me agreed with the offer.

"Where are the rest?" I looked around but didn't notice anyone with him except some employees gathered around the company area. Scanning my eyes around, I tried to search for someone.

"There are waiting in the lobby. Let's join them inside. The bus will be here soon." The company provided breakfasts for everyone today.

"I didn't see Trisha. She is not here yet?" I questioned, with my eyes still searching for her figure. She left earlier than me, and she should arrive before me.

"I saw her inside, having breakfast with her handsome boss."

"Handsome?" I glared at him in disbelief. "You need to fix your eyes." I continued.

"The smell of jealousy is quite strong today." His remarks made me nudge his chest. Then, I walked away towards the lobby, leaving him behind, following my steps like a lost puppy. The only difference is that the lost puppy is cute, but he wasn't.

When I entered the lobby, I first saw a pair of employees having their breakfast together, and I shifted my eyes to the other direction before Manuel noticed it. To avoid becoming his tease, I need to pretend Trisha's every action doesn't impact me.  

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤