Chapter 16: The lovely breakfast

Trisha POV

A cup of hot chocolate, a muffin, and scrambled eggs were served on the table. It was enough to make my tummy screaming in hunger and drooling even though it was just a fantasy in my head. I turned my body to another side with my eyes still shut as I refused to let the image of those tempted food disappear from my head.

Decided to get the real food that could make my tummy stop growling, I forced my lazy body out from the bed and strolled to the bathroom to wash my face. After done with the routine, I headed to the kitchen to prepare my scrambled eggs while waiting for my muffins to arrive, which I ordered from the cafe downstairs. I require something sweet to make my weekend enjoyable. Having the thought of staying home makes me feel great.

The song on my phone absurdly stopped as there was an incoming call. I was busy mixing the scrambled eggs in the pan. Despite my reluctance to answer the call, I leave behind my uncooked scrambled eggs on the stove and run to the living room to reach for my phone.

"Hello there. Who is this?" I answered without looking at the caller's name.

"I can't believe you don't save my number." Oh, that familiar voice belongs to the guy from the next door.

"Oh, brother Tristan. I'm kinda busy right now. What do you want?"

"That's how you treat your brother?"

"Hmm, alright. My bad. How can I help you, my dear brother?" I questioned him playfully.

"I wanted to-"

"Oh wait, what is the burning smell?" I cut him off with my nose inhaling the air deeply.

"Oh my goodness, fire. The kitchen is on fire!" I dropped my phone on the table and immediately sprinted to the kitchen.

I instantly turned off the power of the stove before it caused more damage to the kitchen.

"What happened?" I heard Tristan's voice coming closer. I didn't notice when he entered the house.

"You happened!" I glared at him. He stood next to me, looking at the burnt scrambled eggs in the pan, and unbelievably he burst out laughing.

"Hey, don't you dare to laugh. This is your fault. You spoiled my lovely breakfast."

"Just because of scrambled eggs, you almost burnt the whole kitchen?" With both hands on my waist, I narrowed my eyes at him. I wish my eyes could burn him into ashes.

Just at that moment, the doorbell rings. We both turned our heads in that direction. I walked past him and was ready to accept my muffins.

Tristan POV

I shook my head, looking over at her dashing to the door. A moment later, she came back with a nicely wrapped box in her hand.

"This will save my life."

I leaned onto the kitchen island with my hands folded over my chest, observing her unboxing the box. A smile on her face showed that her mood changed drastically after looking at the contents inside the package; what else could it be except her favorite muffins.

"You're not mad at me anymore?" I asked her.

"What do you think? You made me almost burnt the kitchen, and I can't have my scrambled eggs for today." I scanned around the kitchen, taking in the mess she created.

"Judging from this messy because of scrambled eggs, I could assume you are not a good cook."

"Don't change the topic. You need to pay for my scrambled eggs."

"Actually, I called earlier to ask if you would like to join me for breakfast, but since you are mad at me, I guess you will decline the offer." I pushed myself from the kitchen island, ready to leave her alone.

"Wait," she stopped me by pulling my arm.

"I'm not mad at you anymore." A big grin was covering her face. I was amazed by her sudden change. Suppressing the smile that almost appeared on my face, I raised my brow as a gesture to confirm her word. However, she remained her big smile and nodded a few times to convince me.

"So, the breakfast is ready, my dear brother?"

"In my place."

"Then why are we still here? Let's go." With one arm holding onto the muffins box, she is excitedly pulling me over to the door to follow her pace. I couldn't help but follow her from behind. A smirk discovered its way on my face.

"Wow, this is such a great view. You made my day, Tristan." She squealed as she caught the sight of the well-served food on the table. I prepared scrambled eggs, sandwiches, salads, and fruits this morning before calling for her to come over for breakfast. I took a seat across from her.

"How do you know I want to eat scrambled eggs today?" She moaned when the taste of the food reached her tongue.

"Maybe I should ask you how do you know I will cook scrambled eggs today?"

"You should have told me earlier. Then I don't have to put myself in trouble. But, to be frank, dealing with raw food is not my thing." She pouted.

"But I can handle ready cook food well." She continued while her mouth couldn't stop chewing on the food.

"With your skill of living, I am surprised you can survive till today. I don't even know how you manage it."

"Have you heard about instant food? It helped me to survive till now. Fast, convenient, and cheap." She saturated her words with sarcasm. "Sigh, I guess you don't know since you're rich people." She continued while shaking her head, feigning a pity face. Lazy to answer her verbally, I flicked her forehead with my fingers.

She rubbed her forehead while whining. "It hurts."

"That's the way to make you stop mocking me." My sentence made her sticking her tongue out at me.

"I'm full now." She leaned her back on the chair, behaving like a lazy panda.

"So no more space for muffins?"

"Let me tell you a secret. I always have a special space for muffins but let me take a break for a while. I need time to digest the food." I shook my head at her addiction to those muffins.

"I think I'm ready for this." Before she reached for the muffins, I grabbed the box and pulled it to my side, leaving her bewildered.

"You know you will have heartburn and upset stomach if you force yourself to eat more even though you were full?"

"Upset stomach? I don't know about that because it never happened to me. I only knew I would have an 'upset mood' if I didn't have it right now. So, give me back my muffins!"

I quickly stood up and raised my hands to put the box on top of the cabinet, which I'm sure she couldn't reach that. But, the next second, she was standing next to me.

"Tristan, what are you doing?" She jumped a few times in her attempt to reach the muffins. It was cute to witness, but I forced myself to maintain my cold face.

"Keeping those muffins in a safe place," I muttered, looking at her glaring at me with her upset face.

"That's mine."

"I know, but you can only have that later, not now."

"You always bullied me."

"That's what brother is for, no?" I smirked at the sight of her fuming with anger.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

PS: Sorry for not updating the book for the past two weeks. I was busy with overtime for the whole weekend. Since I'm free this week, I will upload five chapters for today! Hope you guys enjoy it!