Chapter 21: Bitter

Trisha POV

"I heard from Manuel you're not feeling well. How are you now? Have you eaten anything? Food? Medicine?" I touched his forehead.

"You-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I cut him off. "Look at you! What are you wearing?" I noticed only a bathrobe covering his body which was exposing his chest. I walked to the wardrobe and randomly pulled out a hoodie.

"Get rid of that." I pointed at his bathrobe and handed the hoodie to him.

He looked at his body before turning his eyes on me. "Are you trying to take advantage of me while I'm sick?"

I can't believe that sentence came from his mouth. "Tristan, what are you thinking? I think your brain was damaged due to the fever."

"I don't wanna change." He walked away, threw the hoodie back to me, but it fell on the floor because I didn't catch it. He lay on the bed with his face on the pillow while his back was facing the ceiling.

"Tristan, you're acting like a kid." I picked up the hoodie from the floor and headed to him.

"Okay, I got it. You don't want to change, but I bought porridge and medicine. Can you have that before you sleep? I promise-" My words replaced with a scream as I was suddenly being trapped under his body. Just in a few seconds, he was on top of me on the bed. I blinked my eyes repeatedly, trying to replay what happened earlier.

"Shh, you talk too much today. Be quiet." He rested his forehead on mine whilst his eyes remained shut, with hands were on my cheeks, cupping me tightly. I could feel the heat from his body.

"Trish-"

"Shh, don't talk. I might lose control over myself." He brushed the edge of his nose on mine. My body immediately freezes with his action, and I didn't dare to move or say anything. The fever made him acting weird today, but I couldn't deny the fact that my heartbeat accelerated because of him.

I stared at his face, noticing that he had fallen asleep. Slowly pushing him off my body, I successfully escape from him. I adjusted the pillow under his head and made sure the blanket covered his body since he refused to change into a hoodie.

"You..be good." I poked his chest, thinking about his dangerous action earlier.

I took out the porridge and the medicine that I got for him. Before he takes medication, he needs to eat something to fill his empty stomach. I got no choice but to persuade him to eat.

Carrying the porridge and placed it on the bedside, I gently shake his body. "Tristan, wake up and have some porridge." I sat on the edge of the bed and whispered in his ear.

"Tristan.." I quickly pushed myself from the bed and standing few steps away from him when I saw he slowly opened his eyes.

"I want you to eat something before you can take medicine. Don't pull me to the bed." I warned him, still afraid that he might repeat the same action. I'm not ready for another surprise. He shook his head, rejecting me.

"Just a few spoons will do, okay?" He stared at me blankly before he shook his head once again. Stomping my feet on the floor, I glared at him with frustration.

"What about I feed you?" He nodded his head, finally agreed with my request. I clapped my hands in joy at his response but stopped as I realized I was being tricked.

"Is this your trick?" Seriously, I saw a smirk appeared at the edge of his lips.

"Never mind, I will let you do anything today because you're sick. Let me help you." I rushed to him and helped him to lean onto the headboard.

"Wait, a second." I put another pillow on his back and made sure the blanket was still covering his body.

"Is it better?" He nodded and smiled weakly.

"Okay, it's time to eat." I grabbed the tray with a bowl of porridge and placed it on the nightstand. The porridge is still hot, so I need to blow it before feeding him. He said nothing but to open his mouth every time I moved the spoon closer to his mouth until the last scoop.

"Oh yeah, you finish it. You must be starving."

Tristan POV

I can't control myself but keep my eyes on her all the time. The way she takes care of me makes me feel special in her life, but it wasn't convincing enough until I got confirmation from her.

"Before we take medicine, let's check your temperature first. I was looking for an infrared thermometer, but it was sold out." She pulled out a thermometer from the paper bag.

"You need to put this in your mouth."

"No, enough for today. I'm tired and want to sleep." I turned my face to the other side.

"Okay then, we have another method to get the temperature. Tell me which one do you prefer?" She pointed inside my bathrobe, but I pretended not to understand her. I lowered the pillow, lay down on the bed and pulled the duvet to cover my face too.

"Tristan, don't start it again." I hid my smile as she whined. She tried to pull the blanket, but I tightened it. I had released my grip by the time I felt a weight on my body. Pulling the blanket from my face, I saw her sitting on my waist. She untied the bathrobe before pulling it off from my body. She then pulled my hand up and put the thermometer under my armpit before lowering my hand again.

"Don't you dare to move. Just stay still for a few minutes." She glared at me as if she was a different person. She pulled out the thermometer after a few minutes.

"39°C." She sighed as she read the temperature stated on the thermometer.

"You need to take medicine. Hopefully, it will reduce soon. But before that, we need to do something." She shoved the hoodie onto my body, forcing me to wear it.

"Mission accomplished. Oh, wait, I still have one more thing to do."

Without leaving my body, she pulled out her hand to grab the medicine she prepared on the side table. She wanted to shove the pill into my mouth, but I refused it.

"Oh my goodness, why are you acting like this, Tristan?" I could feel her frustration in her voice. With her strength, she pulled me up forcibly but never thought that I accidentally pushed her hand, resulting in the pill falling into her mouth instead.

We were both shocked by that. Her face frowned as she said something, "Bitter."

She wanted to spill it out, but before she could do so, I moved forward by pulling her body closer. As a reflection, her legs were both caging on my waist. Before she could react, I caught her lips and sucked that pill out of her mouth. I saw how her eyes widened due to my action.

"You're right. It's bitter." I whispered near her ears after grabbing the glass on the nightstand and gulped it. With my hand still on her back, I moved the glass until it reached her lips. She drank the water with her eyes kept staring at me.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ 

PS: Surprise! I decided to upload 3 chapters today! Enjoy! :-D