Chapter 8: She is in danger!

Tristan POV

Today marked the third day I stayed in London for work-related issues. Due to my restless heart, I secretly asked my personal bodyguards to protect Trisha. I have no idea how she will react if she finds out, but I didn't regret my action. To be frank, the thought of her in danger always disturbed my mind. The ringtone snapped me out from my deep thought. By looking at the number, I knew who the caller was.

"Update," I answered the call with a simple word.

"Nothing unusual for today, boss. We followed her from the bar until she arrived at her apartment safely. No one is following her along the way."

"Good. Keep a safe distance and make sure she didn't catch you following her."

"Ok, boss." The call was ended with his simple update about Trisha. I finally can settle my restless heart and rest for the day. 

Trisha POV

I woke up in the morning with an energetic spirit. For the last few days, no one has been chasing me. Not that I asked for trouble, but it was odd for me to have a few days of peaceful days with no disturbance from those guys.

Today, I plan to look for a part-time job in the morning because I need more money to pay off my debt. Hopefully, they will forget about the deal and return me to a peaceful life once I settled all the debt. Sadly, Luke has gone for a few years, but I am still stuck with his debt which I have never known before.

I was about to halt the cab by the time two black cars suddenly popped up in front of me. It gave me no time to react to the abrupt arrival of the car. A few men hopped out of the car and forcefully pushed me into the car. I sought to wriggle and escape from them, but it was hopeless as my strength was not even at their level.

Before the door was completely closed, there were two guys suddenly appeared. Judging from how they fought with those guys, it seems like they were trying to save me. However, their effort failed due to outnumber. I cursed myself silently in the chaos for doubting my peaceful days. I shouldn't jinx my day, and what I was afraid for finally approached me.

"Where are we going?" I braced myself and asked the silly question, even though I know the possibility of getting the answer will be zero.

"You will find out soon." With that being said, he covered my eyes and tied my hands.

"Hey, let me go. I won't be able to run away anyhow."

"Well, we never know. Learning from our last attempt to catch you, it wasn't easy. This time we must take you back to our boss."

"Don't blame me for that. You should have realized that you're a useless bastard. You can only fight a girl with violence."

A slap landed on my right cheek, which caused me to growl in an instant. The pain was sharp, but I have no regret for my statement earlier. I could feel a thick liquid spewing from the edge of my lips.

"Do you have anything more to say now?"

"A useless bastard like you not even worth for my curse." I mocked him harshly.

As foreseen, he slapped me again but this time twice on both cheeks. I smirked, feeling satisfied for successfully pissing him off.

"See, you can only use violent to fight me, and you dare to call yourself a man?" Instead of slapping my face, he gripped my neck and choked me with his strength making me desperately gasping for air.

"Hey, enough. We are not here to kill her." A guy stopped him, and he finally let go of his hands from my neck. For sure, there's a red mark on my skin. I'm not sure what their plan is for me or if there's a probability of me surviving, but deep down, I wish someone will come and save me from these devils. Perhaps Tristan will come and save me like how he used to save me twice from them. I don't know why his image popped up in my mind at a time like this, maybe he was the only person that I can truly rely on. 

Tristan POV

"What did you say?!" My voice rose as I heard his sentence through the line.

"Sorry, boss. We couldn't make it. They came with two cars, and we failed to save her since there were too many of them."

I massaged my temple in an attempt to calm my anger. Furthermore, I can't blame them. It wasn't their fault. I underestimate her issue; I should hire more people to protect her. 

"Did you get any hint about those bastards?"

"Yes, boss. We found out they are from the gang that chased her for the debt."

"Do you know where they brought her to? How is her condition right now? Is she safe? Did they hurt her? How much she owes them? I will pay everything but ask them to let her go!"

"It's not only about money, boss. We found out there is a deal between them. If she can't make the payment monthly, then she needs to pay them in another way. It seems like they are breaking the promise because from our record, she never missed her payment."

"Shit! Why would she agreed with the ridiculous deal?"

"Th-they are in prostitution business, boss. I afraid-"

I kicked the chair and punched the table when he brought up about the thing that I despised the most. No one dares to mention the word in front of me. They will definitely meet with death if they ever make me involved in anything related to that.

"I heard that there will be an auction in a few days and the gang are involved with it too"

"Bastard! I won't let them live. I will fly back immediately. I need Ryan's help for now." Ryan is my cousin and also a leader of a gang. He took over the gang when I refused to get involved in the dark world. I ended the call before he responds and immediately looking for Ryan's name in my contact list.

"Ryan, I need your help." With no greeting, I told him once the line was connected. I explained the situation while rushing to the car and asked the driver to send me to the airport. I was supposed to deal with a few issues related to the hotel project for a week in London, but at this moment, Trisha is my priority. She needed protection, and I can't pretend like she wasn't a big deal for me as my heart took control of everything from the moment I learned about her.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤