Chapter 23: Are you challenging me?

Tristan POV

Placing my phone on the dining table, I walked to the door as Trisha was expecting me to open the door.

"Hello, bro. Good morning!" Her energetic voice penetrated my ears the moment I unlocked the door. Clutching on the paper bag onto her chest, she pushed my hand on the door frame to enter, but I pulled the back of her hoodie in order to stop her.

"Uh, uh, Tris...Tristan, why are you pulling me?" She couldn't do anything because she was holding the big paper bag.

"Come here first." I turned her around.

"Am I not welcome here?" She pouted, glancing at me with her puppy eyes. I smirked while my fingers reached her forehead and flicked her lightly.

"Ouch.."

"I'm going to show you this." I pointed at the lock on the door.

"Remember the security number, so next time you can enter anytime."

"Wait, wait, I don't want to know."

I turned my head and looked at her with a bit of disappointment. So, this is how it feels to get rejected by someone.

"Reason?"

"Hmm...I don't want to be accused as a murderer or thief in case anything happens to you."

"What's inside your head?" I wanted to flick her forehead once again to knock some sense inside her head.

"Don't do that. You're going to break my head." She exaggerated, stepping few steps away from me.

"Come back here." She obeyed but with her pouted mouth and eyes that eyeing me sceptically. I re-entered the security number of the door, making sure she saw it.

"Remember that?"

"I will make sure to forget that tomorrow."

"Are you challenging me?"

"Of course not!" With that, she quickly rushed inside, leaving me outside there alone.

"Still a kid." Shaking my head looking at her fleeing from me, I followed from behind and shut the door.

She placed the paper bag on the kitchen island and was ready to take out the stuff inside.

"I'm going to start my one-week duty of taking care of you today. So, for breakfast, I decided to make it myself. You're going to taste my cook. Are you excited?"

"Which one do you want to hear? Truth or lie?" She rolled her eyes at my response.

"Pretend I didn't ask you," I smirked at her answer.

"I'm going to take a shower. Don't burn my kitchen." I warned before ascending the stairs leading to my room.

Trisha POV

"This guy is unbelievable. I'm going to show him my real talent today." I took out the stuff from the paper bag and was ready to prepare breakfast. It needs to be done before he finishes his shower.

After heating the pan and make sure the oil is hot, I put in the onion. While waiting, I quickly prepared the other ingredient. Once it was ready, I slowly mixed all the other ingredients.

A soft ringtone that was heard disturbed my focus on my cook. Quickly putting down the utensil in my hand, I walked around the kitchen area, trying to discover the phone. Not that long, I spotted it on the dining table. Picking up the phone, I saw Manuel's name appeared on the screen. I pickup up the phone without any reluctance since it's someone that I know.

"Hello Manuel, how may I help you?" I purposely say something first before he speaks.

"Eh, wait. Who is this? This is Tristan's number, no?"

"Yup, you're right. This is Tristan's number."

"Since when he had a girlfriend? How could he hide it from his best buddy?" He faked a sad voice.

"Oh, stop with your acting. Seriously, you can't recognize my voice? I'm so disappointed with you."

"Trisha?!"

"Who else could it be? By the way, Tristan is not here. He is taking a shower. Do you want me to pass him any message? I will let you know you call him."

"No, I have some urgent thing to tell him. Can you pass him the phone?"

"What? Do you mean right now? Can't you wait for a while?"

"Yes, right now."

"But he is in his room, taking a shower!" I purposely emphasize the last two words.

"What's wrong with taking a shower? Just knock on the door and pass him the phone. This is urgent." His voice was firm, but I don't know why I felt he was trying to trick me.

"I regret I answered your call," I told him honestly while casually climbing up the stairs.

"Tristan, there's a call from Manuel. He is waiting for you in the line. Are you done?" I waited outside the room; my ears were on the door, trying to hear if he said anything.

"Tristan, an urgent call from Manuel!" I raised my voice this time, thinking that he might not hear me earlier.

"Come in, Trisha." At last, he answered me. I quickly twisted the knob and entered the room without hesitation, scanning the room to locate him.

"Here," he called me from the bathroom.

I was standing on the bathroom door, looking at him tying the bathrobe. The water from his hair still dripping, showing that he had just done showering. I reached out my hand with the phone in my palm to him, but he didn't take it.

"On the loudspeaker. My hands are wet."

"What's up?" He said to Manuel with his firm voice as usual.

"Hey, bro! Did you show Trisha your naked body?" I gasped as I heard what he said. As usual, Tristan didn't show any big reaction to his words, but I noticed he glimpsed at me.

"I'm going to hang up the call."

"Wait, I sent you the data you requested yesterday. Check your email later." Manuel answered over the line.

"You can drop me a text. This is not something urgent."

"Well, just checking on both of you." He laughed devilishly, pushing me into an awkward situation. I was lazy to listen to him anymore, my fingers spontaneously pressed the red button, and his voice disappeared immediately. Tristan was glancing over at me, but it was not the look of anger. I knew he agreed with my action.

I flashed him an awkward smile. "He's talking nonsense again."

"Breakfast is ready?"

"Oh no, breakfast!" Like lightning, I dashed to the kitchen, realizing that I didn't turn off the stove earlier. I'm in big trouble if I burn Tristan's kitchen.

                                                                   ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤