Chapter 30: The punishment

Tristan POV

A week had passed since the incident in the office. I have no news about Trisha's whereabouts. She left my sister's apartment, didn't come back to the office either the club. Her number was unreachable, and the worst part is even Ryan failed to trace her.

"Ryan, any news?"

"Nope, until now, we have no clue at all." I sighed upon his answer.

"Why do you still want to look for her? I thought this is exactly what you want."

"I want her to walk out from my life, but not like this. If I have the idea where she is, and that would make me relieved. I need to make sure she is not in any trouble."

"As a brother, boss, or boyfriend? You made her assume that you are the bad guy, so you get what you want. She hated you, and you should've known that was the reason she left with no trace."

I caressed my temple since I couldn't deny the truth in his words. Although he got the point, it didn't settle my anxious heart until I got news about her. I never expected she would get furious at me to this extend.

"Cut the crap, just order your people to keep searching for her and update me urgently." I dropped the call without giving him any chance to talk back.

Trisha POV

"See, did you hear that?" Ryan stated, glancing over at his phone, which was placed on top of the table. Tristan did not know I was next to Ryan while listening to their conversation through the loudspeaker. Every single word was so clear, and I could trace worry in his tone. But, it wasn't enough to make him regret his action.

Refusing to let my heart soften this time, I expressed, "Treat this as his punishment. He should expect about this the moment he decided to push me out of his life. I give what he wished."

"I know, but don't you feel pity for him? You have been hiding from him for a week."

"Not at all, and this is just the beginning. We will move to the next step tonight. I will show him what I'm capable of."

"Look at that cheeky smile. Let me know what you've in your mind. Do you need my help?"

"Can you handle any punch from him?"

"That extreme?"

"Why not? Since we already started the game."

He pondered for a moment, probably thinking about the scene where he needed to exchange punches with his cousin.

"Why do I feel I'm at lost?"

"That's the price for being a cupid. Just a few strokes shouldn't be a problem for a mafia boss like you." I deliberately provoked him, which appeared in him narrowing his eyes, aware of my intention.

He let out a sigh before answering me, "Now I know it's tough to be a good person."

"Consider it as training! We will go through this together." I cheered, lifting the cup filled with orange juice.

He shook his head before doing the same thing and making a click sound when our cups collided. I have been staying at one of his vacant apartments for a week. I followed his plan, which required me to move out from Tristan's place, not step into the office or show up in the club, and turn off my phone so that no one could reach me. The absurd part was that he even offered Tristan to have his people search for my whereabouts, but I was actually in his place, sound and safe.

"Hopefully, my effort will show a good ending."

"That depends on your silly cousin."

"Show him some mercy," I smirked while my head started to visualize his reaction when he saw me soon. We need to show an excellent performance to obtain a satisfactory result from our plan. I hope it will turn out as we wish.

***

"Oh wow, I never seen you dress like this." He observed me, running his eyes up and down my figure before continuing his comments, "You will make him crazy tonight. He will loathe the way you expose your skin to public."

"The worst yet to come," I pointed out, covering my too revealing dress with a long coat. To be frank, this wasn't my style, but this needed to be done to make the scene look perfect.

"The driver is waiting outside. We are better off at the club with two cars. Who knows, he suddenly turned up and wrecked my face from nowhere after finding out I lied about his runaway woman."

"Don't worry about that. Our plan will succeed tonight." I threw him a wink, heading towards the car. Having the thought about our plan made my excitement spike high. My little heart can't stay still.

My phone suddenly rang and interrupted my imagination. I just turned it on a moment ago and noticed the countless missed calls and texts from people who asked about my whereabouts. I answered the call when I saw Ryan's name pop up on the screen.

"What's up?"

"Done my mission."

"That's efficient. What did he say?"

"Like usual, he didn't express much. Just a simple okay before he ends the call, but I'm sure he will show up tonight. Don't worry about my part; try your best to seduce him."

"That's not my plan." He cracked out, laughing with my answer. He can be like his cousin, teasing people with no mercy. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤