Chapter 38: 24 hours deal

Tristan POV

I flutter opened my eyes and woke up to the darkness in the room. As the effect of the medicine kicked in, I wasn't sure for how long I had fallen asleep. The pain in my hand has gone as well. Grabbing my phone on the nightstand, I was shocked that I had slept more than eight hours and had eaten nothing for the whole day except the breakfast with Trisha this morning.

Mentioning her name made me feel lazy to wake up as I was aware of her absence. This morning the moment I heard the door being closed, I knew her decision. She had the right to decide if she wanted to stay.

I pushed myself up from the bed as my throat was begging for some drink. It took a while to reach downstairs since I was walking to the kitchen with heavy steps.

"Arghh!"

My eyes were wide open when I heard the loud voice screaming at me. The items from a few paper bags fell on the floor.

"What the heck?" I asked out of shock. The lights suddenly lightened up the house.

"Gosh, Tristan, you almost killed me. What are you doing in the dark?" I stared at her with my eyes doubled in size, catching the sight of her caressing her chest as a sign to calm down.

I was bewildered by her sudden appearance. "Since when you're here?" And before she had the chance to explain to me, I added, "I thought you left."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not leaving until you heal. So, we're going to live under the same roof no matter you like it or not."

"Reason?"

"Reason for what?" She sounded confused.

"Why did you choose to stay?"

"Solely because of...because of you..no, because I need to take care of you." For no reason, she was stammering.

"That's all?" Then, glaring at her closely, I approached her closer, causing her to move backwards step by step until her back hit the wall behind.

"Ye-yeah, you fell because of me, so I'm here to take care of you." She averted her eyes to the floor, avoiding looking into my eyes. Then, gently grabbing her chin before raising it, I whispered to her ear, "Keep denying it, muffin. Let's see how far we can go."

"I don't understand what you're saying. Anyway, go freshen up. I will prepare the food for today." Damn, this woman is good at changing topics. I will let her off this time. She slightly pushed me away and left to pick up the stuff that dropped on the floor.

"Is that mean you're going to burn my kitchen again?" That question came out of me spontaneously as I recalled the old incident, which caused me to forbid her from using the kitchen after that.

"I will treat you as a handicapped person who requires special care, so with that being said, I won't argue with you. However, you better leave before I change my mind."

Standing near to her, I observed her every movement with no intention of helping her. Well, I can't lend her a hand due to my disability, as she claimed earlier.

"I'm not a handicap."

"We'll see about that." She seems to enjoy teasing me.

"Let's make a deal then." An idea suddenly popped up in my mind, and I believe it will benefit me.

"Can't believe you have the mood to think about a deal with your condition right now. I guess the business spirit is running deep inside your vein."

"I will take that as a yes."

"Never noticed you're so childish." She mocked me. I ignored her, keeping my mind focused on the deal.