Chapter 42: A lunch partner

Tristan POV

Looking at my unread texts to Trisha, I decided to pay her a visit to her department. I wondered what kept her busy. When I showed up on her floor, only a few staffs were there since it was lunch hour. They soon spotted me and greeted me, although they were surprised by my sudden visit there. I won't criticize them for that as I never show myself in the HR department.

"Where is Trisha?" I asked one of the staff there since I couldn't locate her.

"She is in the manager's room." She pointed to the direction of the room where I could see they were in a discussion. "Do you need me to call her?" She added, assuming that I was there for work.

"No, it's alright." I peered around and noted a desk outside the room.

"Anyway, is that her place?"

"Yes, that's hers."

"Thank you. You may return to your work." I strode to her desk and decided to wait for her there.

After waiting for a while, the noise of the door being opened was heard. With crossed legs and hands resting on the armchair, I swung the chair in her direction.

"Tristan! No, I mean, boss, what brings you here?" Just like the rest of the employees, my sudden appearance surprised her.

"How can I help you, boss?" Her eyes were busy running around, looking at some people giving us a strange look. She pretended to be calm with her fake smile masking her face.

"I need a lunch partner, sweetheart!" I deliberately made my voice loud to make sure people could hear it. Hearing my remark, she narrowed her eyes, hinting at me not to reveal our relationship. I couldn't hide my smirk as I saw her nervous condition.

"Hahaha, Mr Tristan, I adored your sense of humour. You are so funny." She laughed, pretending as if nothing had happened, but her blushing face betrayed her.

"If I'm joking, why is your face getting red, Muffin?"

Shooting me with a death glare, she conveyed through her gritted teeth, "Stop it. People are looking at us."

"This is getting fun, no?" I let my eyes run around the surrounding. Just as she said, a pair of eyes kept staring at us, and some started talking to each other in a low tone. I was satisfied with the outcome.

"What do you want?"

"I need you.." I stood away from the chair before completing my sentence, "..to do the duty as a girlfriend. We're late for our lunch." I grasped her hand and immediately tightened it as I knew she would try to withdraw her hand. She slapped my hand several times and tried to hide it behind me.

As we headed to the exit door, I gleefully told the staff, "Happy working, everyone."