28. Crashing Down

*TW/ Mention of abuse 

Bisma Kirmani's introduction in her circle always consisted of three words, intelligent, shrewd and perceptive. And she was all those things rightfully so. At a young age she took over a company that her brother had left in a fairly good working condition but gaining the confidence of the employees and associates was something she worked on her own and it was her sheer hard work and resilience which won her their trust. It wasn't an easy journey but she had come out as a winner all on her own. Not just that, she had to care for and look after Safwa as well. She had Nusrat Aapa's support and help in that but she never turned away from her own responsibility towards her niece. She knew Safwa like the back of her hand and often knew her well being more than Safwa could herself realize.

Leaning against the kitchen counter, sipping from the glass of water she held in her hand and a thoughtful expression on her face, Bisma waited for Safwa and Elaf to say their goodbyes to the boys so that Bisma and Atif could drop them at Kirmani House. They had cut the cake and seeing Sarim's sullen face, Bisma was sure he wouldn't be in the mood for any more celebrations. They all cheered him up to the best of their ability but even they knew when to draw the line. Sarim smiled through it all, a smile which quite didn't reach his eyes. The boy was distraught and it was better not to indulge him anymore jubilation even though it was for him only.

Bisma had been accustomed to Hesham having his friends over since the time she'd moved in here. She knew most of them anyway because they were Hesham and Safwa's mutual friends but one person was of her particular interest.

Izaan Shoaib.

Even tonight in the planned and unexpected chaos, Bisma had a keen eye on the guy. Something she did the day she'd met him the first time as well. There was just something which was telling her to be careful. She hadn't missed his and Safwa's silent communication through eyes, she also hadn't missed Safwa's smile which had a new bloom to it. Something had shifted there between them and somehow all of their friends seemed to be in on it. As if they were used to it.

There was something which almost everyone knew except for Bisma and she didn't like it. Not the being oblivious part, not that. She wasn't called perceptive for nothing. She'd read between the lines and right now her concerns were far above the nonsensical reason why Safwa didn't tell her before. That wasn't what was making Bisma worried. She was already seeing through the future and weighing pros and cons. And as far her calculations, cons were outnumbering the pros. But that was her to worry about. She couldn't tell this to Safwa when Safwa was yet to tell her clear cut about her and Izaan.

Bisma wasn't someone to think things through the lens of sentiments, years in the corporate world had taught her this. It could be both a bane or a boon. But she was practical and her practicality was making it hard to accept what she had already seen in Safwa's eyes.

"Phupho?"

She craned her neck in the direction of the kitchen entrance and smiled in Safwa's way.

"Ready to go?"

Safwa nodded, walking towards her. Her steps were calculated. She was playing with her fingers as she stood before Bisma.

"I want to tell you something, though."

Bisma placed the glass on the slab and hummed.

"I want to tell you something too."

Safwa looked on confusedly.

"You want to go first or should I?"

Bisma asked with a smile. Safwa reciprocated it.

"You tell me, Phupho. I think what I have to tell you can wait."