2. A bunch of idiots

Safwa placed her elbows on the railing and with a raised eyebrow kept on looking at the figure standing beneath. He was sizing up the side, surely thinking of ways to climb up to her room's half terrace. It was the matter of just one call to the watchman and the doors would open but Safwa didn't feel like being that generous. If he was making an effort; she was going to let him be.

But it seemed he was on a mission. Securing the huge bouquet to his side, he started climbing the pole going up at the whole length of the wall. Safwa was amazed how dedicated he was and how engrossed as he hadn't yet realized she was standing there only watching him.

When his hand grasped the iron rod of the railing, only then he saw her and gave her a sheepish smile. Safwa folded her arms on her chest. Deep inside she so wanted to laugh. Pulling Hesham Baig out of his house and doing this nonsense, she sure as hell was lucky tonight.

"You're aware that our watchman knows you right?"

"Yeah but no matter what even an easygoing watchman also wouldn't let a young lad into a house where a young and beautiful lass is alone, who also happens to be aforementioned Lad's girlfriend. No one's that thick."

He was finally on his feet. Dusting off his clothes he extended the bouquet towards her.

"Happy birthday!"

The exaggerated bow had Safwa finally burst into laughter. Shaking her head she inhaled the sweet scent of the petals.

"You guys should really up the security here. If I can get in anyone can."

"I was standing there all the while. I would've waken the neighbors with my shouting had there been anyone else so you should thank your stars you are invited here."

Hesham ran a hand through his disheveled hair. For any other person it was just a casual flick of his hand but Safwa knew he did this whenever he was nervous.

"I kind of forgot your birthday."

"No shit Sherlock."

"But I always forget everyone's birthday if that helps."

"You are always the first one to wish Phupho!"

A smile reached Hesham's lips.

"Hey, now! Bisma Auntie and I have something special. You won't understand it. "

"You wish. But you know what? I think as long as Sarim is my friend there won't be any difficulty in getting a wish out of you timely. It's his Insta post who did all the wonder isn't it?"

Hesham narrowed his eyes.

"He's an ass!"

"He's a sweetheart and bonus points for not forgetting the birthday of a girl who's not even his girlfriend."

"You're not even his type!"

"That's why we're such good friends."

"Okay! I know I messed up. I was at home doing...."

He stopped abruptly. Safwa raised an eyebrow.