Bonus: Still Ashore

In a year of blissful married life, Safwa Kirmani had seen all shades of her husband. She didn't have to figure him out. She had years prior to that to do it and boy she did. So much so that when they got married she knew Izaan Shoaib like the back of her hand.

So, any person who knew this detail, her close circle included, wouldn't expect her to get annoyed with anything Izaan Shoaib was. And even if she did, she'd be able to work through it pretty well.

About that.

Well, right now she was pissed at him.

Oh, boy!

He was the same old Izaan. But he also was Doctor Izaan Shoaib.

It was just a detail which spoke of his professional expertise but it also meant he knew stuff.

Which was often infuriating.

She wasn't someone to make fuss about anything, not on purpose but it was becoming the point of her annoyance kicking in when she'd be under the weather and he'd know it more than her.

She got the flu? He'd tell her with the first scrunch of her nose to take the medicine. She'd have an upset stomach? Well he wouldn't even bat an eyelash and push the medicine towards her along with a glass of water. A headache? Not to worry, Izaan Shoaib would know exactly what to give his wife to make it better.

It was endearing in the beginning. It was wholesome now as well. Safwa wouldn't mind it at all and would find it cute and a gesture of his love for her.

But among the many things, Safwa was a wife too now.

And that made a lot of difference.

It had started irking her long back. Why was he more attentive towards her body and its changes more than she herself was. Argh! He was so annoying. He knew everything and it was so hot yet so infuriating!

Yes, she wasn't in a good mood. No points for guessing.

The conversation with him this morning was the reason for it. She was down for the past few days. Her appetite was lost and she couldn't look at anything with the slight intent of even filling her stomach.

She attributed it to work pressure. She had a difficult project which concluded last week. Memoona agreed with it and asked her to take some rest. Both mother and daughter in law duo were content with what they had discussed.

But this morning, when Safwa told the same to Izaan, in a fleeting conversation, as he was getting ready for another packed day at the hospital and Safwa wasn't because she took a day off, he stopped, looked intently at her and said what Safwa wasn't expecting.

"Go for a pregnancy test."

She did a double take and then she laughed. Izaan raised an eyebrow not understanding what was so funny.

"Hold your horses, Izaan. Just because I'm not feeling well these days doesn't mean I'm pregnant."

"Well, I happen to be a doctor."

He even touched his white coat for emphasis. Safwa scowled,

"And it's my body."
"I also happen to be your husband as well so I know that as well."