5. Shift

Pushing his bag on his shoulder Izaan looked at a beaming Safwa who was waving at him to join them. He couldn't help reciprocating her smile.

"Hope I'm not late."

He said looking around once he had stood next to Sarim and Safwa.

"Not at all. We are yet to get the passes though."

"Pretty early you are in doing that."

He snorted but Safwa just shrugged her shoulders. Izaan punched Sarim on the arm whose back was to them. Sarim turned around and smiled.

"Hesham told me and I quote' come soon you rascal! Leave whatever you're doing! Our brotherhood is in question! Sarim needs our support!' and here Sarim is as good as new."

Sarim rolled his eyes.

"Hesham and his melodrama."

"Where is he by the way?"

"He has a class."

Safwa informed him. Sarim smirked.

"I highly doubt that."

Safwa didn't know whether to be offended or laugh along with them.

"I mean he is in the middle of a lecture. Will join us shortly."

"So what is it we are doing exactly?"

Izaan looked around at the throng of the students gathered there.

"Isn't it obvious? We are here for a play of the dramatic club."

"Is Hesham performing?"

"Will you stop it? And no! It's Elaf Daud whose performance we all never miss."

Izaan's immediate reaction was looking at Sarim who groaned knowing too well what this look implied. Izaan had heard about this class fellow of Sarim far too often. How Sarim was pretty taken to having an argument with her every now and then.

"She's an excellent theater actor! Like the best we have at the moment and her written plays always have all those nuances and deep meanings told in a subtle way. I'm a low key fan and so is Sarim."

"Bugger off! I'm not!"

"He hasn't missed any of her plays. This time around it wasn't announced if she would be performing or not and look at Sarim! He ignored the news like it didn't even matter!"

Sarim was sure by now everyone standing around would know about his. Izaan's reaction was just an eyebrow raise in his direction and in returned he got a bird flipping from Sarim. No biggie.

"You guys stay here and keep on doing your BBQ. I just go arrange for us actually getting inside."

If Izaan was hoping she'd take time getting the passes at such last minute arrangement, he was proven wrong. Safwa was walking towards them with four of the white chits in her hand. Her lips broke into a smile seeing Hesham had joined them as well.