9. Life

That day at the sea view had found its way in the fondest memories of all five of them. From there on a bond had started forming and unbeknownst to them this bond was for life, spanning on years to come.

The students of IST had gotten the next event to look forward to just a week after the mids. The annual fiesta was here. It was a sports gala and cultural celebration of the university and the closing night concert had always been an attraction. The cabinet had been formed along with the management team and today was the introductory seminar to let them all know what to expect.

"I'm already tired."

Hesham grumbled resting his head on the back of his chair. They were sitting in the main auditorium. The Fiesta officials were on the stage announcing the teams covering the event on different fronts, the marketing team, the social media team, the finance squad, the human resources team along with others. Hesham, Safwa and Sarim had all been selected to their group of interest as they had worked on previous two fiestas as well.

"And it's just the beginning."

Sarim commented casually draping his arm around Hesham's shoulder.

"Your arm is adding to my ongoing suffering."

"Your existence is doing the same for years but I've never complained."

"My existence is the lucky charm of our group. I thought this was established. We voted!"

"And there was only one vote in your favour, your own."

"That's beside the point!"

"That is the whole point, Hesham."

Safwa looked towards the stage and then around. Everyone was so engrossed in the informative session and then there were these two.

"Okay! Stop it!"

She pushed Sarim's arm away from Hesham glaring at both of them.

"Wow, you're possessive."

Sarim smirked but she ignored him.

"You know who used to bicker like this?"

"Two very handsome lads?"

Hesham was hopeful.

"The puppies my neighbor had adopted and you know what happened to them?"

Hesham was uncertain. Sarim was curious.

"She gave one of them to her cousin just to ensue peace. Want me to do that to one of you?"

She raised an eyebrow. Both the guys looked mildly intimidated. Safwa was brutal when she was riled up. It was no news.

"We aren't yours to give up!"

"Izaan is putting up with us for almost a decade but he has never complained. It's his call to make!"

Trust them to pull Izaan into this when she was just trying to shut them up. Safwa wanted to cry out loud.