50A. Love Ashore [Last]

When the car stopped in front of Baig House, Safwa couldn't help but look at the all too familiar premises. She had been here more times than she could even count but never she felt this apprehensive before.

The man sitting to her side at the driving seat wasn't so fazed and that was a first. The role reversal had her scowling.

"Are you really sure about this?"

Izaan nodded, turning off the engine. He took his hand off the steering and turned fully towards Safwa.

"It's important. My last meeting with your Phupho was the point I started messing everything up. So, now when everything is getting back to how it was I want to do it properly. "

Safwa's heart softened for this man for the umpteenth time since he had broken down in the hospital. It had been almost a week to that and since then everything had only gotten better for the best.

They knew there were things they needed to work on and they were willing to do that but before everything else, they had to make up for the years lost between them. It was almost surreal how the love was still there, intact, without any blemish of the distance they faced all these years but that was also a sign of how perfect they were together. That was the point. Two flawed people with their mistakes and weaknesses but together they just fit. A perfect match. And Izaan Shoaib and Safwa Kirmani had always been that. Right for each other. Made for each other.

But Izaan was determined to not follow any pattern which had ruined their relationship in the past, he had vowed to start over for the better and he was doing a pretty fine job at it.

It was his idea to meet Bisma together. Safwa was surprised, a bit unsure as well. But it made sense. If they were doing it right, talking to Bisma was always going to be there on the tasks list. This was needed.

Crossing the threshold and walking through the main hall, Safwa roamed her eyes at the empty living room but soon enough she spotted Bisma coming down the stairs. She must've already seen them entering and Safwa's shoulders visibly sagged with relief seeing the smile on Bisma's face.

This was going to be good.

Over the years she had sensed Bisma's confidence regarding what she did crumbling but Safwa never called her out on it. She was not the kind of person to hold grudges. She even forgave her and somehow formed the same relation with her she had always had.

The same way Izaan was now with Ibsam. Another thing which made them a perfect match.

"Phupho."

Safwa came forward and Izaan followed. Not that far behind. Bisma was already aware of the changed scenario of their relationship dynamic, having witnessed it in the hospital itself.

Bisma hugged her niece and for the first time in years, she felt light like never before. She herself was planning on meeting these two soon and putting her apologies in front of them, leaving it up to them to give her a clear slate or keep their distance. It was going to be their decision. Not hers. Not in the slightest. She had already abused that power back in time and without thinking anything through.

But here they were. Bisma glanced at Izaan and her gaze was so warm and affectionate that it put a smile on Izaan's face.

They were now seated in the living room when Safwa looked between the two.

"Umm Phupho. I wanted to talk to you about something."

She was without any reason jittery. God, this was just Bisma and Izaan.

"I mean Izaan wanted to talk to you about something, Yeah."

Izaan shook his head and leaned forward.