28 | BUSINESS

"I T 'S   A   W O M A N S   WORLD S O   T O   S P E A K

S O   T O   S P E A K.
P U S S Y   Y O U   S O U R."

ONE MONTH LATER

Solana

"I think the walls should be a neutral tone

"I think the walls should be a neutral tone." I mumbled, walking next to Marcus... who was also walking next to Lauryn. We walked through the large building that was officially about to be up and running. However, I got side tracked with picking the colors for each room space. "Probably a nice brown and green?"

Marcus had officially become at household name for the girls and I. They all loved him, and it was easy to tell why. Aside from myself becoming overprotective of him, Lauryn was now doing whatever to make sure he stayed safe and would have access to whatever him and his family would need educationally. 

"A light brown would be nice. Probably some dark green décor stuff." Marcus inserted, making Lauryn look at him with a raised brow.

"Look at you! Who would've thought you'd be a guy who knows how to decorate."

Smiling, Marcus put his head down, becoming bashful at Lauryn's words. I couldn't do anything but return the smile. "My mom went to school for interior design when she had me." He informed us. "She'd have these big books of colors laying around the house- design templates, I guess. I'd always look at them and started understanding them as I got older."

"You've always been close to your mom?" I asked as we went to look at the next room. "Like, never had any issues?" 

"Never." Marcus shook his head. "Of course, that's also probably due to the fact that she didn't know that I was working with men who probably would've killed me if you wouldn't have came in when you did." He scratched the back of his neck. "I always respected my mom. Before my little brother came, I was always raised with and around women, so she taught me to respect them."