19 | S U G A R P A R E N T S

S U G A R P A R E N T S

" W E    C O U L D     B E    Y O U R
S U G A R P A R E N T S
B U T    W E 'D    R A T H E R    N O T."

J U L Y 2 0 1 4

Solana

"You good?" Bakari asked me while I sat across from him in the car. We got to a red light and he turned to look at me, raising his eyebrow and waiting for me to say something.

Honestly, no I wasn't 'good'.

I wanted to happily drive both of us off a cliff because he made me cancel reservations at a five star restaurant so we could handle business. He really had no clue how hard it was to even get the reservations.

"You better be lucky... that you have a family who loves you so much and would go crazy if you ever came up missing because I really wanna gut you like a fish right now, Michael." I huffed and crossed my arms, looking out the window. As always, he just chuckled at me and grabbed my hand in his before kissing it.

"I told you I was sorry. We can make some plans tomorrow or the day after. I forgot that we had plans today." He cooed me.

"Yeah, yeah." I shooed him, turning my legs so that they were next to the passenger door instead of by him. "You mean you had plans cause I didn't agree to any of this."

"You love doing this type of shit though—"

"Not on date night when I look really nice. Now I gotta waste it on this. What are we doing anyway?" I motioned towards the white dress I had on.

"A club. I gotta make a deal and close one, so I'm gonna need you to be with me."

"What you mean is that you're gonna need me to pretty much finesse a man." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not about to keep being used like fucking eye candy."

We eventually got to the front of the club and he parked his car, turning to look at me even though I looked straight out the window. "You know I wouldn't let anyone hurt you though— look at me."

"Suck my dick."

"Word?" He raised his eyebrow at me. "That's how you about to act tonight huh?"

"Just tell me how he looks so we can hurry up and go back home." I mumbled and got out the car. I slammed the door on purpose and fixed the thin straps of my dress and tried to walk off, only to feel his hand grab me and pull me back to the car.