27 | C O N S U M E

CONSUME

CONSUME

"A M I Y O U R F A V O R I T E D R U G
Y O U' V E B E E N U S I N G?"

Bakari

"When do you want us to send the contract over to her?" Bryson questioned through the phone. I could hear all the amusement in his voice, and all I could do was roll my own eyes.

"I told you, it wouldn't take his ass much longer to do something that she asked." I could hear Ant chiming in, in the background.

"Aye, you can shut that shit up." I started, but quickly cleared my throat. I had to remember where I was: A toy store. I decided to take Mecca out for the day, to give her parents a break. Somehow, she talked me into bringing my ass into a toy store. It was too many moms in here, and they were definetly looking at me like I was a single dad, that they wanted to get their hands on. "Shut up," I changed my tone. "It's a deal and the more money coming in, the better. I don't hear your ass complaining."

"I won't complain about a damn thing, I like money. As long as it's good money." Ant chuckled.

I followed behind Mecca and turned down the section her little body was practically running towards. The clips at the end of her hair were clicking against each other, and this annoying ass song was playing in the store— something from Tangled.

"Good money?" Bryson laughed, "Nigga you're basically part of a drug scheme. What are you talking about?"

"Good ass point— but I stand on what I said, what did Solana have to bring to the table, to get you to fall into the trap?"

"Promised a portion of income and some more. But, I know she's playing some type of game—"

"Is that Uncle Bryson?" Mecca turned around and her smile grew big. I didn't know if she could tell by the tone of my voice or what, but she always knew when I was talking to Bryson.

She loved Bryson. Anytime she'd see him, she could never stop smiling or asking him to play with her. He was damn near her fourth dad, while Ant came fifth.

"Do you wanna say something to him, baby?" I chuckled.

Mecca wasted no time attempting to reach for my phone, leaving me no choice but to put it down to her height before putting it on speaker.

"Hi, Uncle Bryson!" She screamed.

"Hey babygirl!" Bryson chuckled. "You making your uncle buy you the whole store? What you getting?"

"Dolls and slime, and dress-up clothes, and candy—" Her little voice sang out.

"We didn't say anything about candy, baby." It didn't take long for her to turn and look ay me in confusion after it came out my mouth. "We can get it, but not a lot."