3 | I N T O U C H

I N  T O U C H

I N  T O U C H

______________
M O N T H  O N E
______________

"I can't believe I actually agreed to this." Michael sighed, sitting across from Solana in an open room. She was dressed in dull colored clothes, but managed to still look vibrant as her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head.

"It's something that had to be done." She smiled softly and held his hand. "Don't make this a sad day, tell me what's been going on with everything."

This was his third time coming up to meet her so far. Every week he'd come up to spend time with her, making sure that she was okay, no one was messing with her, no nonsense.

"We're growing." He smiled. "Getting more men, getting more money, drugs. We're not where we see ourselves, but we're getting there. I gotta trust the process." Solana nodded her head and smiled at how happy he was. This was the reason why she took the blame anyway. She saw so much potential in Michael, that she refused to let it go to waste.

"Mecca is growing." He took out his phone and showed her the picture of his two year old niece.

"My baby!" Solana grinned and held the phone in her hands. "Look at that face on her," she pouted "she's gonna give Erica and Korey trouble when she gets older." She zoomed into the picture, looking at her dimples that she shared with Michaels side of the family.

"For her to be two and be preoccupied with her toys, she's smart. She knows that you're gone." He cleared his throat. "Every time I go to visit, she's saying 'Lana Bana, Lana Bana'."

"You're making this harder on me." She scratched her head and picked at her fingernails. "How are Bryson and Isis doing? I would ask about Ant, but I know he's doing him."

"Bryson and Isis are doing fine." He shrugged. "Moving as a married couple should and what not. More in love than ever. It's kinda shitty to sit back and watch them now, especially since you're gone."

"I really feel like you're trying to guilt trip me, Bakari." Solana glared at him.

"Baby, that's not my intention. It's just a little bit harder to focus when you're not around." He took her hands and kissed her knuckles. "I miss waking up and seeing my girl there. Going from having someone who's always there to no one is—"

"Rough, trust me, I know." She laughed dryly. "But the more we think about the positive outcome in all of this, the easier and faster it'll be, baby."

His eyes went down to her lips and he leaned in to kiss her, taking her chin between his fingers. His thumb brushed against her cheek in small circles before hearing someone clear their throat.