1 | S O L A N A

S O L A N A

S O L A N A

| THREE YEARS PRIOR |

"Solana Farris."  The cop came into the room and sat down, looking through a small file before looking back up at the woman who was sitting in front of him. "Twenty-one years old from Chicago. How did you find yourself here in New York?"

Solana looked from the files in front of him, back to his face with her eyebrow raised. "Vacation." She said simply, but she knew she was lying.

"So you've been on vacation for the past two years now, and just found your way to... twenty-three year old Bakari Jordan?" He frowned, not believing a word that was coming out of her mouth.

"Mmhm." She grinned.

"How long have you and... Bakari?" He questioned, resulting in Solana to nod in response "Been together? If you don't mind me asking?" Michael never was acknowledged by his real name, unless it was those he was closest to. When handling business, he went by his Middle name. Bakari.

"I actually do, seeing as though it doesn't pertain to why I'm here..."

"Well," He sighed "Care to explain to me how you managed to get caught with a gun and traces of cocaine on you? A pretty thing like you would be the last person I'd expect to do such thing... unless you're covering for someone?"

Michael pretty much owned New York. He wasn't like the typical drug dealers and mob groups. He was so undercover with his business, that you would rarely know what he did. Solana knew of Michaels job. Despite them meeting on accident and his hard demeanor, their relationship was something different.

Michael knew how to keep his private life under wraps, and ended up convincing many that he earned his profit from stocks. He was feared on the streets, in the clubs, and even in the police stations. But this time, there was a slip up.

One of the new men Michael hired to help him take care of business decided that he was going to run his mouth one night while drunk at a bar to a cop who didn't know his place. As always, two birds had to literally be killed with one stone. Bryson; one of Michael's right hand men worked hard to dispose of the cop and the snitching co-worker in time, but word decided to get out even faster about Michael having coke on him before anything else.

Solana knew better than to just sit back and let just anything happen despite Michaels requests to simply allow him to do the time if needed. So when questioning came into play, she was down for any cause to keep Michael from getting into any trouble.

So against his will and knowledge, she decided to take the blame, saving Michael his empire and name.

Exactly what caused her to end up in this situation.

"Are you doubting the abilities of a woman, officer?" She frowned. "I already confessed to doing what I did, and my lawyer will be here soon to speak. I said what I said."

"Pretty risky to speak without your lawyer even being present." He shot back at her.

"I know my rights." She smiled sarcastically.

"And I wish for you to no longer ask my client any more questions. Leave and give me time with my client." Isis frowned from behind the officer.

Isis was the lawyer of Michael's business, and Bryson's wife. She held together any and all information that would be needed in case any of them found themselves in a bad situation. She was able to get Bryson out of a ten year sentence within an our trial; she was just that good.

The officer lefts the room with an eye roll and slammed the door.

"Solana... are you sure this is something you wanna do? Michael isn't happy with this and—"

"I won't let him take this charge and ruin everything we've all been working hard for, Isis. Besides, how long can they give me for saying I had it on me?" Solana whispered, drumming her fingers against the table.

"That's what I'm afraid of, Lana. I'm great at what I do, but a case like this? Something that's small but also results in someone going missing? Hell, I'll be lucky if I can work magic and get you at least a plea deal or five months." She sighed and looked through the files that the officer left.

"Have you talked to Michael?"

Solana sighed and nodded her head. "He's pissed at me; but nothing that I can't handle. He'll understand why I did what I did when everything starts booming. If they pulled him, I couldn't take what he does head on without him."

Isis smiled at Solana and took her hand. She was always like an older sister to Solana, and always made sure she was good before anyone else. Solana could always see Isis wanting a simple life as a lawyer, wife, and mother; but she knew that Isis loved the rush at the same time.

"That damn Bakari... he better be lucky to have a woman like you." She smiled at the girl sitting across from her. "Let's get our story straight, then I'll see what I can do. Michael will be coming to the trial."

Solana nodded before getting down to business.

Her story had to make sense if this was something she was positive about.

As the two women talked out the story, Isis grew quiet and looked at her lap. "Isis, what's wrong?"

"I wanna... I wanna make sure you're straight if the odds aren't in our favor and things go left. So, I made sure you'd still have ties to Michaels money... but I made connections for you in Chicago." She whispered.

"What type of connections?"

"The same type of connections as Michael; but more underground. If they take you, I have stocks for you that are building up as we speak, as well as a underground sale of the same drugs that Michael is profiting from. It's moving all around Chicago to the rich as we speak. I have a team and everything for you. I don't want you to worry about anything."

Solana's eyes grew wide out of shock. "Does he know?"

Isis shook her head. "Michael, Ant, and even Bryson have no clue what's going on. I keep track of the legal and funds. I don't want you to have to depend on anyone for anything if this doesn't go our way; but I'm praying that it does." She smiled, leaning over the table to hug her close friend.

"I love you, Isis. Let's hope that we don't have to worry about anything." Solana squeezed her gently.

"I'm praying we don't."