17 | L A N A B A N A

L A N A  B A N A

L A N A B A N A

" I C A N ' T E V E N K E E P T H E P E A C E
D O N ' T Y O U F U C K W I T H O N E O F
O U R S. "

Omniscient

D E C E M B E R  2 0 1 5

"Merry Christmas!" Bakari's mom squealed when she saw her son and Solana walk through the door. She instant pulled Solana in and hugged her, making Solana laugh and return the hug.

"Thank you Mrs. Jordan." Solana smiled.

"Well damn ma, I'm here too." Bakari three his hands up playfully, only to earn a pinch on the arm from his mom. "Ah!"

"I told you about that cursing. And we see you everyday boy. We see Solana too; but this is her first holiday with us and she gets to meet everyone. And Solana, I told you, you don't have to call me that. Call me Donna, sweetie. You're family." Bakari's mother smiled at her and squeezed her hand before walking inside. Before Solana could even step foot into the house, she felt Bakari grab her waist and close the door.

"What are you—"

"I need you to relax, Lana. You met half of them before. Now you're just meeting those who you haven't seen before. They're cool people. Okay?" He raised his eyebrow at her and took her face into his hands. He knew that Solana was mainly nervous about meeting the other members of his family because of the questions that they'd ask her about her own. Every time some of them would, he would instantly step in and shut them down.

"I'm relaxed." She shrugged.

"Stop lying." He chuckled and pecked her lips repeatedly. "I mean it, Lana. You know my parents won't let anyone try to come at you any way. Let alone my siblings and myself. We got you. My family is your family, remember?" Resting his head against hers, Solana sighed and nodded.

"Okay. You got the gifts?" She pursed her lips.

"Every single one." He nodded his head to the bags that were sitting on the front porch that she made him carry. "You ready? Cause a nigga is starving, babe. And you know Erica is in there with Korey in case I get pulled away and you need someone to talk to."

"Yeah." She smiled. "Thank you... for the pep talk. I know I see your family often but I still get nervous?" She said, questioning herself more than him.

"You know what's interesting about you, Lana?" He grunted, bending down to pick up all of the gifts.

"Hmm?"