22 | T H E R A P Y

THERAPY

THERAPY

"T H I N K I N G   B O U T     T H I N G S
T H A T    I   S H O U L D N' T    B E"

Solana

"You need me to do anything for you while you're there?" Lauryn asked me while she walked with me down the steps, literally beaming because I ended up actually agreeing to go to see the therapist that Isis picked out. After I got off the phone with Isis last night, I made sure to tell Lauryn that I ended up agreeing to go, and she made sure to rub it in my face that I would eventually give in to their bullshit.

I fixed the strings to the hoodie that I was wearing before pulling my hair up into a bun on the top of my head. "No, I think everything's taken care of. Only thing I need you to do while I'm gone is relax and take the day off." I hummed and grabbed my keys before turning to look at her. "And I mean it. Don't let me find out that you've been working while I'm gone, Lauryn. You need a break." I pushed my glasses up my nose and crossed my arms. Even if I told her, she wouldn't listen.

"I'm shocked you're going honestly." Savanna came in from the dining room and sighed. "So you know, while you're in there, you can't get pissed at the woman for doing her job." She chuckled. "She's there to help you, not for you to take your aggression out on." She flicked my thigh.

"I do not take my aggression out on people." I frowned and looked to Lauryn for confirmation, but she was too busy taking her time picking the blueberries out of the muffin that she was eating and tossing them into her mouth.

"Whatever you say, boss lady." Savanna sang and looked at the time on her phone.

"Have you heard from Tommy or have you been too preoccupied with Lupe to care?" Lauryn cocked her head and took a sip from her water bottle. "What happened with you two by the way? You didn't even mention if you two are cool or not."

Savanna rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Lupe and I are cool and it's staying that way. I haven't heard from Tommy after what happened in Vegas."

"Don't worry, cause he'll definitely pop up at some point if he's with Bakari's men." I scoffed, making Lauryn laugh. She was probably mentally recapping what happened last night. "I'm gonna head out now. I should be gone for an hour, and if I don't like the lady; I'm definitely coming back home and never going back to see her." I sang and walked towards the door.

"Give her a try!" Lauryn called back before I closed the door and walked towards the car that I was taking. Thankfully, it was a rainy day in New York and I didn't want to spend a day stuck in a office if it was going to be nice and sunny out.

I tossed by bag into the passenger seat and started the car and instantly connected my phone to the Bluetooth that was inside of it. Almeda by Solange came on instantly, and I officially pulled out of the driveway as I made my way out. Isis set the appointment early, because knowing me... if it was any later, I would've came up with so many other excuses to stay home and relax in my own house.