21 | T H E M A R K S

T H E   M A R K S

T H E   M A R K S

" Y O U   A R E   N O W   W A T C H I N G  
M A D  T V "

Solana

"When are you leaving?" Lauryn asked me as soon as I fixed the straps on my dress and turned towards her so that she could zip me up

"Isis told me that they're having the dinner at eight." I sighed. "And you mean when are we leaving? You're coming with me, remember?"

"I was trying to get your persistent ass to forget." She mumbled under her breath and adjusted the heel she had on her foot. Lauryn was dressed casually in jeans and a black blouse. Isis couldn't get her to do any more than that while being around people she didn't know, and I wasn't about to try to convince her either after already forcing her into coming with me. I'm sure Bakari would end up bringing Ant anyway, so she would be my plus one. "I really don't wanna be around that nigga, but I'm doing it for you— you know I'd rather be in the background."

"I know, but I'm happy you're coming with me."

"Why couldn't Savanna come again?" Lauryn asked me as I stood up and turned my back towards her so that she could help me zip up my dress. "She loves the petty shit like this."

"Savanna is probably somewhere in her house or a hotel bumping clits with Lupe if we're being honest; you know they go through phases where they hate each other, then wanna be around each other all the time— it's the cycle of their situationship." I wiggles my shoulders and walked towards my bed, plopping down on it while Lauryn say right next to me, messing with the curls in my hair.

"I blame the raging Latina blood in them." Lauryn shrugged, making me laugh. "Khaleesi and Rizza told me yesterday that they'd probably end up like this again." She smiled and shook her head before her body hit the bed just as mine did, leaving both of us looking at the ceiling. "Can I ask you something personal? You don't have to answer if you don't wanna—"

"Lauryn, I pour all of my bullshit out to you when I'm an emotional mess— and you fully accept it. I think we've reached the point where we can ask each other whatever's on our mind, babe. We've become sisters at this point." I laughed and turned to face her. "What's up?"