11 | T R U T H

T R U T H

T R U T H

" B U T  B A B E  I ' M  C O L D  A N D  Y E A H
T H I S  L I F E  I S  C O L D."

Solana

T H R E E  D A Y S  L A T E R

"I told you you're not coming, Kingston. Don't argue it." I groaned and walked around my room putting on earrings I bought and tightened up my robe as I sat on my bed.

"Why though? You act like I'm gonna be a distraction to you. I could be, but I know how to act, unless you tryna hide me." He sat next to me and pulled me towards him.

Isis managed to get the entire charity event together in a matter of days, I'm not surprised by it cause I knew that she worked fast. But I had an hour till I had to show up and give some grand ass explanation for why I decided to wait till now to do this and my future plans. Kingston took it upon himself to show up at my place so that he could come.

"Because, the world doesn't need to know what we have going on. I don't want to share you just yet." I pouted and put my hands on his shoulders.

I knew I was lying. I just didn't want to be bothered with him being there. He had this big ass idea that him being with me gave him some sort of power, but it didn't. He was just a good time.

"Come on, Lana. It's not like we gotta show up together." He mumbled against my shoulder. "I can show up later; I just wanna see your fine ass in that dress." He kissed my jaw and chuckled against it.

"Fine." I huffed and pushed him away. "I'll send you all the information but don't come on any funny business. This is serious for me." I pointed at him.

"I'll see you then, babygirl." He chuckled and stood up from the bed, walking out of my room. I didn't take my robe off until I heard my front door close and I knew he was gone.

Letting it hit the floor, I walked over to my closet and grabbed the red dress that was hanging against the wall.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" Savanna came up the steps and leaned against the wall. "You take the longest to get ready, but you're up here naked in some damn earrings." She chuckled and crossed her arms.

"It's my house, I can walk around naked if I wanted too. I pay the bills." I joked. "But seriously, because King was up here annoying me about coming tonight. I told him he can come but he's not walking with me. This night is about me not him." I grabbed the dress from the hanger and slid into it. Savana came behind me to help me zip it up before patting my shoulder, letting me know that she's done.