24 | M E E T I N G S

M E E T I N G S

M E E T I N G S

"Y O U   G O T   T H E   C O L D E S T
C O R A Z O N
B U T   W A R M E R   S K I N."

Bakari

"H-how can I help you?" The girl at the front desk asked me when I came into Lana's building. She had short curly hair, full lips, and almond shaped eyes. Her cheeks turned red, and she would switch off, making eye contact with me, then the computer in front of her.

"I'm here to see Solana, sweetheart." I chuckled. "We have a meeting, is she in?" I leaned against the large desk. I got a look at the name tag that was on her desk: Riley Evans.

She looked me up and down, frowning a little before going back to her computer. "Ms. Farris doesn't have any meeting scheduled for today, and she didn't tell me about you coming in."

"She knows that I'm coming. Do you want me to show you—"

"He can come in, Riley." Solana's head popped out from behind the large white doors. A charcoal colored hat was on her head, that matched with the dress she had on, and a few curled ends sat on her shoulders. "It's fine."

"You sure, Ms

"You sure, Ms. Farris?" The girl asked her, and I could tell my facial expression wasn't the best.

"I'm sure, Riley. Thank you, though." She opened the door even more and stood next to it, looking at me. "Hurry up and come in." She sighed. The smell of sweet pea came pouring from out her office, but it wasn't overbearing— it was light. I remembered her liking that specific smell even when we were younger; her entire bedroom would smell like it when she lived with her parents.

I walked in and tossed my jacket onto the chair that was in front of the large table while she closed the door— locking it. Turning to look at her, she looked back at me with her arms crossed, "Spread your arms out."