5 | B A C K F I R E

B A C K F I R E

B A C K F I R E

"W O M E N  — D O N ' T   P L A Y   N O  G A M E"

Solana

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, I'm not doubting you cause this isn't the wildest thing we've ever done— but at the same time, I don't know this man like you do." Lauryn sighed and looked at everyone who was sitting in the room even though her question was directed to me. She's been on her computer for half of the day finding ways to hack into Michael's security system so that I could get everything that I needed, and every time we think that we've got in, another thing happens and we were stuck.

It was mainly pissing off Lauryn because the issue was something as simple as a passcode.

I sighed and looked around at everyone who was sitting in the room before getting up and walking towards the window. "We can do it. Savanna and I are gonna keep watch while he's at the club and his men will without a doubt be with him. When you're able to hack into his security system and shut everything down, I'll head out and get what I need, and leave before anything gets suspected. If any of his men try anything stupid, they die. Simple." I shrugged.

"How many people have you robbed before for you to be so calm about this?" Kingston, one of men that worked for me laughed a little. Kingston was cute. Older than me by about a year, was tall, a caramel complexion and finally grew out of babyface stage. At one point, he was just someone who I kept around as a benefit for myself. We'd sleep together when I needed it, but as soon as his feelings started to show more, I had to slowly put a wedge between the both of us, and make everything no strings attached. I didn't want him or need him, I just needed my needs met from time to time.

I didn't want any distractions, but to him, his feelings were still noticeable by everyone. He was handy with a gun and carrying out tasks though, so he wasn't just a past fuck buddy. "I've done this for years, sweetheart. None of this is new to me, so it's nothing to be anxious about." I smiled softly at him, making him smirk and rub his thumb across his bottom lip.

"So how many of us do you want stationed where? In case some crazy shit happens?" Savanna asked, her fingers moving against the screen on her phone.

"Lauryn will be here so that I know for sure if something happens and backfires badly, they won't pop up at her place. Her safety is my main concern. Her place is secured so no one would be able to track her if she was there, but I'm not risking anything. The rest of you won't be needed." I went and sat on the arm of the loveseat that Kingston was in. His arm snakes around my waist and his hand rested on my thigh.

"And what about me?" He questioned.

"Didn't she just say that the rest of you aren't needed? That includes you too, dumbass. Let the women handle it. You guys are just backup." Lauryn rolled her eyes at him, not looking up from her computer.