[Fifty-Six]

|Chapter 56|
🤍🥄

𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗮
𝖨𝗇𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝗉𝖺𝗒 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇; 𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗮𝖨𝗇𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝗉𝖺𝗒 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇; 𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

So far the food has been delicious and there's only been small talk around the table until Eugen speaks up.

"So, Maria, when is the last time you and Emilian hung out?"

"Last year."

"Well, surely you guys have spoken since then."

"Yes we have but he stopped responding to me about two or three months ago," she responds. Funny how that's around the time we met.

"Why is that Emilian?" Eugen asks.

Emilian places his fork down abruptly, "What does it have to do with you?"

"Did you guys break up?" Eugen questions further.

"We were never together," Seb answers.

"That's a shame. It would have been nice to see you with Maria."

I take in a deep breath, "With all due respect Sir, his love life is none of your business and I don't understand why it's such a problem. If you truly loved your son, you would be happy."

"Please be quiet, you're in my house and at my table. Speak when spoken to," he responds and I hear someone giggle.

"Yeah, we're leaving," I begin to stand up but Seb holds on to my hand. I look down at him and he mouths a 'please.' He's lucky I care about him.

This visibly upsets Dana and she says to her husband, "Apologize or I will remove you from my home." I'm taken aback by the amount of authority in her voice. What happened to the sweet Dana?

Embarrassingly he turns to me, "I apologize for my behavior."

"Thank you, now please exit the dining room," Dana instructs and he shamefully leaves with his plate. It's funny how quickly his mood changed.

I want to laugh but I'm scared that she'll send me away too.

"I'm so sorry about him Elara. I promise I will talk to him later," she smiles sweetly then she asks, "Dessert anyone?"

"Yes, please," Elvira answers.

"Mama, I want ice cream," Leona talks with a mouth full of salad.