[Fifty-Nine]

|Chapter 59|
🤍🍪

"I'm done eating Aunty Lara

"I'm done eating Aunty Lara. Can we change and watch more tv?"

Aunty?! Cute but why does that make me feel old?

"Lara is fine hun. And you've watched this all day, I think we should do something else."

"Like what? There's nothing better to do," she folds her arms with attitude.

I glare at her playfully, "Come here, you sassy little miss." I grab her and began to tickle her and all that is heard are her adorable giggles.

After she's calmed down, I place her on the counter and tell her, "We're going to attempt to bake chocolate chip cookies."

"Ooooo, my favorites," she claps her hands together. Maybe I should tell her that I am not so good at baking. No pressure I guess.

"Are you good at baking?" I ask.

"Yup! I help momma all the time."

"Good. You tell me what to do and I'll do it."

She raises an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you know what to do?"

"Yes but... this is teamwork. K? No more questions please," I tell her.

"Fine."

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

After three hours of struggling, I did everything she told me, and now I'm finding out she purposely gave me the wrong directions.

"Get here you sneaky little witch," I chase her around the living room.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she giggles. Then she suddenly stops in front of the tv. "Do you see that?"

"What?"

"That book wasn't there when we left." She's right. The book is lying under the tv stand, slightly sticking out. I know damn well Emilian does not read and this wasn't here when I arrived, so I'm kinda skeptical about it.

I grab it and say, "Maybe Emilian or the cleaners left it there."

"I've been looking towards the direction of the tv all day, and I think I would've noticed."

Opening it and flipping through, I pause to see a hole carved into the pages. A little earpiece sits in it. I quickly take a picture then she yucks it from my hand and smashes it.