Chapter 6 - Fangirl

"So you're my new roommate?" asked Ava, as she threw her duffle bag onto the spare single bed. After a one-hour drive from Mystic Falls, she had just arrived at the Silver Moon Pack, and it had only been one day since the visitors had left. There was less than three weeks to go until the Blood Moon Ball, and they had no time to waste. Caden had held an emergency meeting, the day after the party, with herself and Jaxon, to debrief them on the security plan he had devised with Alpha Roberts. It was decided that Ava, along with a handful of their soldiers, had to be immediately dispatched to Silver Moon, to begin training their less than stellar warriors.

The doe-eyed brunette, looked up from her sketch pad, and blinked a couple of times at the tall blonde super-model standing in her room.

"Oh that's right! You must be Delta Ava, my name is Lily. Sorry, I tend to go into a trance when I'm sketching, and sometimes I forget things" said Lily, as she stood up from her desk and outstretched her hand to shake with Ava. Lily was about 5'3" in height, almost 8 inches shorter than Ava, she had chestnut coloured hair that cascaded in soft waves down her back. Ava instantly thought Lily was beautiful and she had a strange kind of attraction to her. It was not a sexual attraction, but something else she had never felt before, it was like her wolf wanted to submit to, and protect this little female all at the same time. When she shook the girl's hand, her wolf stirred, and she felt the inception of a bond forming.

"They only told me you were arriving this morning, and I tried to clean up as best I could" Lily glanced nervously around the room and quickly stacked up a pile of her drawings, in a futile attempt to make her desk look tidy. "I'm an artist, and we're kind of messy, it sort of goes with the territory" Lily shrugged her shoulders awkwardly, "but please Delta Ava, make yourself at home".

"Please just call me Ava, no need to use my title all the time, and don't apologise. I appreciate you putting up with me for the next few weeks, to be honest I don't know why my Alpha insisted I had to room with another woman" said Ava, as she began to unpack her stuff.

Ava had argued with Caden, that she was fine to sleep on her own, and she didn't need a minder at Silver Moon. Caden had claimed it was because of the many visitors that were descending on Silver Moon for the ball, and there wasn't enough space, so everybody had to bunk in together. That was partly true, but she knew for a fact that Alpha Roberts had offered for her to stay as his personal guest at his private Alpha residence, separate from the pack house. As Alpha Roberts had a Luna they no longer resided in the pack house, and reportedly lived in quite the lavish mansion. However, Caden had stipulated in their security agreement that Ava was to reside in the Silver Moon pack house, and to be roomed with a female pack member at all times, or he wouldn't let her go. Ava got the impression Caden didn't trust Alpha Roberts, and he didn't want her dealing with any unwanted male attention. Ava huffed, as if she couldn't snap any man's neck with the flick of her wrist, if she needed to.

"Oh I don't mind, in fact I'm really honoured. I must confess I've heard everything about you. I mean, wow, a female Delta! That's kind of unheard of around here, I guess I'm kind of a fangirl, like I think you're super awesome!" blurted out Lily, then she slapped a hand over her mouth and began blushing with embarrassment. Oh god, did she just tell Delta Ava she was her fangirl? Lily felt like such a loser. Ava laughed at the cute brunette; she could already sense they were going to be fast friends.

Ava looked around Lily's bedroom, is was quite large and lavish for a pack room. Then she remembered that Lily was Luna Sophie's niece, and therefore must be afforded certain extra comforts.

"Ok little Lily, why don't you take me on a tour of the great Silver Moon pack? I want to see what all the hype is about."

By noon the girls had arrived at the pack cafeteria for lunch, as they lined up with their lunch trays, Ava reflected on what she had seen today. The Silver Moon estate was certainly large and impressive, with plenty to look at. Lily had shown Ava the large central pack square, with a massive round water fountain, complete with two life sized sculptured wolves, appearing to be howling at the moon with water spitting out of their mouths. Lily had told her that Alpha Roberts had commissioned the sculptures, and two wolves were modelled from Alpha Roberts and Luna Sophie in their wolf forms. It was a gift to Luna Sophie for their latest mating anniversary, although Lily didn't seem to think her Aunt liked it all that much. It was a little over the top Ava thought, she couldn't imagine Caden erecting a statue of himself back at Mystic Falls. They also toured Luna Sophie's magnificent rose garden, she had every kind of coloured rose imaginable, even some very rare species apparently. Ava had to admit she loved the rose garden, Luna Sophie certainly had good taste, but not so much her mate.