Chapter 20 - Who are you?!

Christie slowly blinked her eyes awake; she had a throbbing headache, and her throat was dry. She was sitting in a chair with armrests, she tries to move her arms, and found her wrists were bound in restraint cuffs. She was in a small windowless room with a large mirror on one wall. There was a small table in front of her, and another chair on the opposite side. It looked like she was being held in some type of interrogation room.

"Looks like sleeping beauty is awake, although not so beautiful now without that pretty hair of yours. Don't worry, we'll still have our fun with you." she heard a man's voice say.

Christie looked up to see a well-built human man, in CBC fatigues stroll into the room, he was clutching a folder and a glass of water.

"I thought you might be thirsty; those tranquilizers really dehydrate you" he said with smirk as he placed the glass on the table in front of her. Of course, she couldn't drink it, as her arms were strapped to the armrests of the chair.

"Oh I'm sorry, it's a bit hard for you reach the glass. I'll tell you what. Why don't you answer a few questions for me, then we might let you have that nice cool glass of water". Christie glared at the asshole in front of her. She had visions of taking that glass and smashing it across his face.

"I'm CBC Officer Chad by the way. It's nice to meet the famous Delta Ava. I've been so looking forward to spending some time with you".

Chad threw the manilla folder on the table, and a photo slipped out, while he plonked himself down in the seat opposite Christie. Christie glanced at the photo; it was a picture of Ava and Caden taken about 8 years ago. Christie recognised the photo, as it was taken on Ava's 18th birthday party, a rare portrait that was permitted because it was such a special occasion. There were very few photos of shifters, since the luna abductions, when most telecommunications became banned. Christie knew first-hand the consequences of breaking the rules, after her nude photo saga. The CBC were using an old photo of Ava to track her down and must have mistaken Christie's identity. She was not surprised this was the only photo that were able to find of Ava. Christie remained silent; she wasn't going to correct their mistake. Right now she had value to them, once they realised they had the wrong wolf, who knows what they would do with her? Also, she didn't want them going after Ava. As long as they thought she was Ava, her cousin would be safe.

"I'm sure it won't be long until Alpha Knight receives our gift and letter. Once he knows we have his mate, he'll soon be on his way. I can't believe we're finally going to capture a blue blood shifter. And with you here, we'll be able to control him".

What the hell was he talking about? Ava and Caden being mates, why would they think that? Could it be true?

"Oh I can see by your expression, I've surprised you. You didn't realise we discovered your secret? Yes you two have been very clever at hiding your mate bond. It was quite brilliant of Alpha Knight to make you his Delta. Hiding his Luna in plain sight, who would have guessed it? If not for our informant, we would have never have known." Chad said as he shook his head.

Ava and Caden are secret mates? It had never occurred to Christie that Ava and Caden could be mates. She knew they were secret lovers, but she always thought Ava had been using Caden to secure her Delta status. If they were mates, Christie had gotten it all wrong, Ava had not cheated her way into the Delta position. Was Caden just protecting Ava, and the Mystics Falls luna all along?

"While we're waiting, we may as well take your blood. Not only are you a female delta, but also a blue blood's mate and luna. We can't wait to see what properties your blood holds." With that Chad pressed a hand to his earpiece "Delta Ava is awake. Send Caspian in to take a sample of her blood."

Take her blood? Would they realise Christie wasn't Ava once they took her blood?

"Do you have any idea about the properties of shifter blood? Ordinary werewolf blood is like the best immunity shot you'll ever take. It can cure the common cold, flus, many viruses like chicken pox, measles, mumps – all with no side effects. It's amazing. Your average Alpha blood is even better, not only can it cure all those common viruses, it also increases your physical strength. I would compare it to taking steroid injections, but again with no side effects. You become faster and stronger, and unlike steroids, it can never be detected. You can't imagine what the top athletes will pay to get their hands on Alpha blood."

So that was why the CBC were after shifters, they wanted their blood. They were selling it off like drug lords for huge profits.

"But with a Blue blood Alpha, the possibilities are endless! Our research to date shows that blue blood's regenerative properties are phenomenal. We believe that it can cure cancer, degenerative diseases like epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's – the list goes on. Do you know what someone will pay for a cure like that? It's priceless! With Alpha Knight and you in our stable, we could rule the world!"

So they wanted Alpha Knight's blood, and they wanted Ava to control him. Of course, by capturing their lunas, the CBC are able to control the Alphas. A normal Alpha will fight to the death for his luna, but a blue blood Alpha is far more powerful. Who knows what extremes Alpha Knight would go, in order to save his mate. There was a knock at the door.

"Come in Caspian" said Chad.

A very handsome looking young male shifter, dressed in a lab coat, and wheeling a trolley with medical equipment entered the room. He was tall, and even with his lab coat on, Christie could see how broad shouldered and toned his physique was. He had slightly grown out chestnut brown wavy hair, brown eyes and was sporting glasses. His glasses and demeanour gave off an edgy professional vibe. He was the most beautiful boy Christie had ever laid eyes on, and his smell was divine, like dew drops and freshly cut wood. Christie's wolf surfaced, and her eyes flashed golden, she immediately recognised her mate!

"Ah here is the birthday boy! Caspian here turned 20 today. He is our resident Shifter and has been invaluable in our research. Not only does Caspian have Alpha blood running through his veins, but it turns out he is a boy wonder when it comes to Hematology. It does help that we have been training him since birth on the subject, but he has proven to be invaluable to us. Caspian, meet Delta Ava, Alpha Knight's mate. You are going to have fun analysing her blood".

Caspian looked up from his trolley and locked eyes with Christie. He immediately stiffened, and his grip on the trolley tightened to the point his knuckles were turning white. He had a confused expression on his face.

"Did you say this is Alpha Knight's mate?" Caspian asked

"Yes, it is the one and only female Delta Ava. All these years we have been searching for Caden's Luna, and she was right under our nose the whole time". Chad stood up and rounded the table, coming to stand behind Christe. He ran his fingers through Christie's shorn hair, it now looked like a rough-cut bob, and he gripped it tightly pulling her head back so she was forced to look up at him.

"It's a pity we had to cut off your beautiful blonde locks, but we needed to get your mate's attention. We didn't want to piss him off too much by sending a finger. But we'll do that next, if he doesn't show up at the planned rendezvous time".

Suddenly there was a low growling noise. Chad released Christie's hair and she was able to look over at Caspian to see the growling was coming from him, and she noticed his claws were beginning to extend, he was about to shift.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Caspian?!" yelled Chad. All of sudden there was a loud bang, coming from above. The room shuddered and bits of plaster fell from the ceiling, while the fluorescent lights flickered on and off. Chad put his hand to his earpiece, he was receiving an urgent call.

"Are you sure? Ok, roger that!" Answered Chad into his earpiece. "There has been an explosion at the entrance of the bunker, I need to check out the damage. Take Ava to cell room 4, until I get this sorted". With that Chad rushed from the room, leaving Caspian and Christie alone. Caspian fixed Christie with an intense look, his brown eyes swirling silver, his wolf was close to the surface, he said with a growl "Who are you?!"

Christie and Caspian - cute couple name - your thoughts? Please follow me, vote and leave comments - I appreciate your support :)