Chapter 33 - Deal with the devil

"Where is my son?!  We had a deal! I gave you information on Alpha Knight's mate and in return you were to release Caspian to me!" yells Alpha Roberts down the phone line.

"The deal was we would swap Caspian for Delta Ava. Now Ava is dead, and we still don't have a blue blood Alpha under our control. Not only that, Alpha Knight destroyed our state of the art bunker. We're out of pocket by ten million dollars now, who will cover our loss? Deliver us a blue blood and we will release Caspian. Any blue blood will do, Knox or Knight is acceptable" replied Derek. Derek is the powerful head of the CBC, and the man responsible for brokering their deal some 20 years ago.

"It's not my fault you abducted the wrong fucking she-wolf! If you had captured Ava in the first place, instead of her cousin, none of this would have happened! I will not supply you anymore blood, until you hand over my son!"

"Oh, I think you will. May I remind you of the deal we struck 20 years ago? I released Luna Sophie and yourself, unharmed. In return you gave me Caspian to raise. I even allowed the child to keep the name Sophie bestowed on him, as a sign of good faith. We've taken great care of Caspian, treated him like a little prince. He's wanted for nothing growing up, we even educated the boy. Turns out he has great scientific mind, and he has aided us greatly in our research. In return for giving him the 5-star treatment, you were to give us a regular supply of blood. Not to mention all the money we've given you over the years, you've become rich off the CBC! So don't act like the injured party now" scoffed Derek.

Jacob gripped the phone tightly; he knew every word Derek was saying is true. At the time, he was so desperate to get Sophie away from the CBC, that he wasn't thinking straight when he agreed to their deal. Admittedly, as the years rolled by, he began to enjoy the money CBC was paying him. Initially he had grand plans to invest all the blood money into some sort of business. He had wanted his pack to develop legitimate forms of income, and gain independence from the CBC. But it was just so easy to keep giving blood every month, and in return receiving huge amounts of cash. Eventually he lost focus on building a business and began enjoying his wealth. He invested in fine wine, fine women and fast cars. Caspian was being well taken care of and Silver Moon was thriving. Everyone was happy, well everyone except one person. Sophie had never been happy. He had struck a deal with the devil, and Sophie had been living in hell ever since. Now Silver Moon was completely dependent on the CBC for their income. It was dawning on Jacob, that the CBC had him by the balls.

"You will keep supplying us blood or I will make sure you never see Caspian again! And don't think we can't get to Luna Sophie too. I wonder what she would think of you, if I told her the entire truth of our deal?" Jacob's blood ran cold at Derek's parting words. He had to find a way to deliver the CBC a blue blood, it was his only way to get Caspian back. It was quite timely that Alpha Knight was visiting Silver Moon today, maybe the visiting Alpha could offer a solution to Jacob's dilemma.

**********************************************

"May I offer you a beer? Or perhaps a Mystic Falls Scotch? As you can see we keep a fully stocked bar, here at the blood bank donor centre" says Beta Mark as he gestures to the large bar area. The Beta has been giving Caden a tour of the Silver Moon pack, and they have now arrived at the donor centre. "Alpha Roberts sends his apologies, he will be joining us shortly, he had to make an important phone call".

Caden observes the huge facility, able to take blood from at least 30 donors at a time, with its massive and opulent recovery lounge. The recovery area resembles a first-class airline lounge, with huge plush armchairs and a full buffet, as well as the fully stocked bar that Beta Mark is standing at. There are huge flat screen TV's displaying the latest sports events and news, and even a pool table. Expensive looking artwork adorns the walls. There were even some workers currently installing a new, very large looking painting on the far side of the facility. Caden wondered how often new artwork was purchased. The only piece of artwork he owns is the painting Lily sent him, a piece he will treasure for life.