Chapter 13 - Mating Game

Ava's wolf broke out into a full sprint, she was determined to find her mate. Ava had to reign her in, although she equally wanted to meet their mate, they were participating in a serious training game. They couldn't just go thrashing through the woods, alerting all the participants of their presence. She slowed down to a trot and began sniffing the ground, she picked up a scent of another wolf, which she followed for a while but realised it was not her target.

Eventually she came to a grouping of Maple trees where, from the pristine nature of the ground, it was clear animals rarely came here. The leaves were undisturbed and the whole area smelled crisp and clean, as though a wolf or other large predator had never come across this part of the woods. It was beautiful and peaceful, and she decided to stop and rest for a little while. She lay down on her belly and rested her head on her paws. A very subtle divine scent of pine trees and apple cider wafted her way. Then she heard a twig snap and some leaves rustle. She could sense a wolf was tip toeing around the trees. She pretended to keep resting, she wanted to see what her mate would do.

Suddenly a large dark grey wolf leapt out from the tree line towards Ava, but with her quick reflexes she rolled onto her back and used her hind legs to kick him off her before he could pounce on her, then she took off at full speed in a blur of white fur. She could hear a long, low howl behind her, the chase was on. Ava allowed her wolf to take full control as her paws pounded the ground, dirt flying in her wake. If her mate wanted her, he would have to catch her first. All thoughts of the tactical games were gone, pure animal instinct had taken over, this was now a mating game.

Her wolf was relishing the feeling of wind in her fur, while her mate chased her down, she could hear him hot on her heels and she let out a joyous bark. Ava glanced back at the magnificent grey wolf with golden eyes chasing her, he had his tongue hanging out and he let out a bark of warning. She sensed he was done playing, he was ready to claim her. They came to a meadow of tall grass, and she lost sight of him. The wind shifted taking away his scent and she could no longer hear his paws pounding behind her. She slowed down and cocked her head to listen for him, but there was only silence. He was stalking her.

She spotted an opening to a clearing next to a large Oak tree, and she bolted towards it. As she neared the Oak tree, he emerged from his hiding spot, behind the large girth of the trunk. With a growl he launched at her, flying through the air and crashed his body down onto her. They rolled and tumbled together into the clearing, landing with her belly down and him on top of her. He used his powerful jaws to grip down on her neck, as he held her down by the scruff of her neck, he began to position himself behind. He was growling lowly, warning her not to move. As they could not shift back to their human self, she realised he was going to claim her in the most primal way of their kind. Before she had a chance to throw him off her, he mounted her from behind. Her wolf did not resist, she submitted to her mate, proud to be taken in this way by such a powerful wolf. As he claimed his prize, he threw his head back and let out a powerful roaring howl which echoed through the forest.

Ava's entire body shuddered, and she collapsed in complete submission to the large grey wolf. Her mate dismounted her and leaned down to nuzzle her neck, and lick and rub her face, marking her with his scent. She rolled over onto her back, bearing her belly in complete submission. His powerful tail swished back and forth in approval to her submission, and he leaned down to nuzzle her neck once again. As he did so, she ever so slightly turned her jaw and snapped down on his black bandana attached to his collar and tore it off. With her prize in her mouth, she sprang up, and was gone in a blur of white fur. The Grey wolf stared at her vanishing form with a dazed and confused expression, she had tricked him. Ava laughed in her mind, at his confused and hurt look, never fear, she would be sure to find him after the games were finished. Although she did not know who her mate was, she had his unique bandana, and would be able to force Brandon to give up his identity, they were mates after all. They would be together soon, and she knew several wicked ways she could make it up to him after leaving him for dust. As they say, all is fair in love and war, and she was not going to lose the game to anybody, not even her true mate.

Wow a wolf mating - what did you think? Sneaky Ava, stealing his bandana when he thought she was being submissive. I wonder who the grey wolf is? Please vote and comment :)