Chapter 10 - Whipped

Caden glanced at his watch, like he had done every 10 minutes that morning. It was almost time for his video call with Lily. He hadn't been able to sleep much all night, desperate with anticipation. Could Lily possibly be his mate? He couldn't be sure, he had only viewed her once through the webcam. He couldn't smell her or touch her to confirm what he was feeling. He kept replaying the images of her naked body in his mind, those curves, her smooth skin, and that long soft brown hair cascading down her bare back – it was torture. Never in his life, had ever felt such a strong attraction like this – it had to be the mate pull.

"Who is that?!" he had growled at Ava. He had been clutching his laptop so tight, he almost broke it. His wolf had been surging forward, and he had to fight for control, he had never seen such a beauty in his life. When the petite she-wolf was rubbing her hands all over her voluptuous breasts and those dusty pink nipples, his penis began to throb and twitch. Lily had frozen on hearing his voice, and then ran off.

He had wanted to talk with Lily and see her again, but Ava couldn't coax her out of the bathroom. Then border patrol radioed him to report a security breach. Without his Beta or Delta here, he had no choice but to personally inspect the matter. By the time he returned, it was too late to call again, and he didn't want to wake her up, so he decided to leave it until morning. All night his wolf was restless, urging him to go to Lily, it took all his willpower, not to get in his car and drive over to Silver Moon. Mystic Falls had strict rules in place, either the Alpha, Beta or Delta had to always oversee the pack. Under no circumstances is the pack to be left alone unsupervised, especially with the CBC at large. Since Jaxon was at Redwood and Ava at Silver moon, he had no choice but to stay and protect the pack.

Eventually he had drifted in and out of sleep, dreaming of beautiful doe-like brown eyes staring at him. He could get lost in those eyes, he just wanted to stare at them forever.

*******************************************************************

"Do I have to speak with him, can't you say I'm sick or something?" begged Lily.

"He gave me strict instructions to setup a video chat you, at this time," replied Ava, as she began setting up the laptop on Lily's bed.

"He's probably going to tell me off for behaving like a little ho", murmured Lily.

"I don't know why he wants to talk to you, he only instructed me to setup the call, and then leave. He was insistent that he had to speak with you privately". Ava glanced at poor Lily, who was nervously twisting her fingers and shifting on her feet. The Delta really hoped that Caden wasn't planning on giving Lily one of his stern lectures, after all she didn't do anything wrong, this was all a big misunderstanding. In truth, Ava was curious why Caden was so insistent to talk to Lily, she had never seen him so agitated. Caden must have mistakenly thought Lily was purposefully giving him a show for the camera. After all, it wasn't the first time a she-wolf had used such tactics to seduce the Alpha. She knew how strict Caden felt about proper conduct and didn't want him thinking this was another Christie nude pic saga. Lily was the complete opposite of Christie.

"Ok, come sit here on your bed by the laptop, when the call comes through you press this. I have an important meeting with Delta Brandon from the Redwood pack, apparently Redwood have come up with a unique security system protocol which could aide us, so I have to go."

"Please stay, I don't want to talk to him alone, what if yells at me or hands down a horrible punishment...like he wants to have me whipped or something?" Lily was trembling with fear now.

"Firstly, he's commanded me to leave, so I can't stay. Secondly, he's not your Alpha, he can't decree any punishment on you without going through Alpha Roberts. Thirdly he's not cruel, he would never have you whipped. He's probably just going to give you his standard speech on appropriate boundaries and to always uphold the values of the mate-bond. Just apologize and tell him you'll be more careful next time". With that the laptop began to play the incoming call melody, Ava gave Lily a sympathetic smile and exited the room to get to her security meeting.