Chapter 39 - Hold Me

An intoxicating aroma of Jasmine and lavender with a hint of vanilla is enveloping Atlas. Nuzzling the soft silky skin that smells so divine, he burrows his head further into the crook of a delicate neck. Somewhere in-between a state of dreaming and awareness, his wolf urges him to take a leisurely lick of the creamy skin he's sniffing, hmmm tastes so good. Hands begin to roam on their own accord, a soft cupping of a voluptuous breast, moving down further to smooth across a swollen belly, loving the feel of the soft curves, he slowly caresses the round baby bump. Baby bump??! What the fuck??! Atlas stiffens, opening his eyes, he is fully pressed up against Rose, sniffing her neck like a drug addict and caressing her belly. His hard member is pressed into her soft round bottom. Horrified, he slowly and carefully peels himself away, extricating himself from the sleeping female. She was assaulted only days ago, and here he is groping her like a horny teen-wolf. As quietly as possible he moves off the bed. Sensing the subtle shift of the mattress, the she-wolf whimpers, rolling over toward the loss of heat and burrows. Halting his movements, he waits until Rose begins breathing deeply again, sleep once again taking hold. He tip-toes down the staircase and returns to the couch, where he should have slept last night, why was he sleeping in Rose's bed?

Rubbing his hands up and down against the back of his shaven head, a nervous tick he had developed, memories of last night come flooding back. He had woken in the middle of the night to the sounds of Rose screaming. Rushing up the stairs to her loft, he found her thrashing about in the bed screaming and crying.

"No stop! Stop! My baby, you're killing my baby!" Rose screamed. Her claws had involuntarily lengthened, and she had scratched up one of the pillows. Atlas was scared she would hurt herself. Climbing onto the bed, he grabbed her wrists, so she couldn't scratch herself. She immediately started fighting back, screaming "Get off me! Get off me!".

"Rose, it's me Atlas. Wake up, you're having a nightmare". Rose jolted awake, tears streaming down her face, hair sticking to her sweat soaked forehead. With wide fearful eyes, she stared at Atlas.

"They were on top of me, they were killing the baby!" Rose began shaking and shuddering. Atlas manoeuvred himself, so he was positioned behind her, crossing her arms across her chest and hugging her tightly from behind. Gently rocking her with his body, he whispered in her ear.

"You're safe, and the baby is sleeping snug in your womb. Uncle Bob is sound asleep in his bed. Jin is sleeping in the cot we set up in Bob's room, watching over him. I'm here, watching over all of us. I promise you; I will not let anything happen to anyone under this roof. No wolf will ever touch you that way again". Atlas continued to rock her, while whispering soothing words, until he felt her muscles relax and her body become soft in his arms. When he sensed her drifting back to sleep, he began loosening his grip on her to untangle himself. She jolted awake again.

"Don't go! Please don't go!" whimpering and clinging to Atlas's loosening arms "please just hold me a little longer" she pleaded.

"Ok, ok...shush...it's ok, I'll stay until you fall asleep" he soothed, gently rolling her onto her side, so she faced away from him, he snuggled in behind her and threw a protective arm around her chest. He would just lay with her until she falls asleep, then go back downstairs. As Rose slept, Atlas couldn't help but begin to relax too, he was so exhausted from all that had happened over the last few days. The queen-sized bed was so much more comfortable than the old couch he had been sleeping on. He decided to close his eyes, just for five minutes, then he would get up and go back downstairs. Falling into a deep sleep, he'd slept better than he had in the last five months, waking up to sporting the biggest hard on he'd had in five months. Luckily, he came to his senses when he did, goddess knows what would have happened if his wolf took hold.