The Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Chapter 5

Y/N's P.O.V

Christmas was coming up soon at Hogwarts and everything was looking festive. There were leafy wreaths, Christmas lights and LOTS and LOTS of mistletoe. And the worst part of the mistletoe was that it was enchanted, nobody could leave unless the two people under the mistletoe had kissed.

Oh and the prank on Snape worked great. We managed to turn Snape's hair a puke green and everyone laughed hysterically. Even the Professors were amused.

While all this was going on I was struggling. The transformations were getting harder for me as I was away from home.

The Marauders were all going home for Christmas, except for Remus and I. I decided to see what Hogwarts is like at Christmas too so I asked my parents to stay at school and they agreed.

One morning I went to the Great Hall for breakfast and stared at the amazing decorations. There were 12 decorated trees, Wreaths and Christmas lights.

I sat down and ate some eggs, toast and bacon (A.N. Sorry if your veg or somethin') at the Gryffindor table next to Remus. 

"Hey Y/N. How's it going?" Remus asked as she started eating.

"To be honest...Not so great..." I said honestly

"Oh? But why?" Remus asked concernedly.

"Well all the noise is interfering with my studies. And everywhere I go I have to find a way to dodge the mistletoe. Some people just wait under it until someone else comes to kiss them. It's honestly disgusting. I don't know what Dumbledore was thinking." I shuddered.

"Oh okay, I guess that's a valid reason." Remus said after she finished.

After they had finished their meal, I and Remus headed up to the Gryffindor common-rooms. Remus read a book while I finished off my holiday homework.

"Ugh!!! Holiday homework shouldn't exist!" I groaned after a while.

"You're starting to sound like Sirius." Remus chuckled.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and went back to my studies. After I had finished my studies I picked up my favorite book. 

It had seven parts and was about a boy with two best friends who went on a lot of adventures. (A.N. Hmm...Sounds familiar doesn't it?)

I was reading the fifth book again as it was the longest and my favorite one. 

After a while I put the book down and noticed out of the corner of my eye Remus was staring at me with a contemplating look on his face.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked after a minute.

"No...It's just that, something about our scars seem familiar." Remus said still staring.

"I've heard that a lot Rem." I smiled.

"Okay please don't freak out but...I have to ask you a question." Remus said carefully.

"Go on then." I urged rather confusedly.

"Are you a werewolf?" Remus asked quickly.

My heart stopped and the world stopped moving. H-how did he know?, Is he actually one too?, Will he not be my friend anymore if I say yes? these thoughts clouded my mind as hot tears rose in my eyes. I had to tell him the truth...

"Yes Remus, I am" I said hiding my face.

Remus' P.O.V

My heart swelled. I finally had someone to actually talk to and relate to. Sure the boys were great friends, but now I had someone who truly understands my pain.