The Christmas Romance - Chapter 28

Remus' P.O.V

Another uneventful day had passed at Hogwarts. Nothing very exciting had happened since Gryffindor had won the match against Hufflepuff almost two months ago and I and my fellow Marauders are getting terribly bored of it. But I was going to change all that today.

It was now the day before Christmas and all of us had headed down to breakfast. I know I said we were all bored but when Y/N sat down, she looked like she was going to fall asleep any second.

"I'm guessing you guys are as ready as me to hang themselves?" she asked deeply.

The other boys gave her wide-eyed stares while a soft chuckle escaped my lips. I had always loved a touch of dark humor.

"Too much?" she asked.

"Probably?" Peter hesitated.

Y/N smiled and giggled and then burst out laughing. She looked adorable while doing it too. The sparkle in her eyes and the light dimples that appeared when she smiled decorated her beautiful face. I smiled a bit thinking about her.

"I'm joking!" she said and lightly elbowed James who was sitting right next to her. The boys however were not as amused as we were. Still, they smiled a bit at her antics.

After breakfast was over, since it was Christmas break and we had no classes, we just hung out in our dorms together with our usual conversations.

I managed to make a plausible excuse to get out of the way for a few hours while I set up the surprise for Y/N. Hopefully she likes it...

Y/N's P.O.V

I went into my dorms and kept thinking if I should just sleep until tomorrow. No, I couldn't! It's 6 p.m. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I flopped down hopelessly on my bed. I suddenly jerked up feeling something prick my back.

"Ow!" I exclaimed and picked up the thing that just hurt me. It was a piece of paper. I examined it for a moment before noticing it was folded. I opened it and saw a note that said Beech tree near the Black Lake tonight for a surprise. Please?

Like hell I was falling for that again. They even called it the Black Lake! The name only we call it! Another trap the boys set up for me and Remus? Really? But, what if it really was from Remus? I felt my face heat up just thinking about it. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

"What should I do?" I thought out loud.

"About what?" Dorcas asked coming in.

"Remember the balcony thing I told you about?" I sighed.

"The prank for you and Remus?" Dorcas asked.

"Yeah. Well I think the boys are planning something like that again." I said rolling my eyes.

"Really? Show me the note." she said pointing to the note in my hand and I handed it over. She read it over and let out a chuckle. "They're pathetic."

"I know!" I exclaimed exasperatedly while Dorcas gave me a confused look.

"So... Are you going?" she asked.

"Yeah..."

"Okay. What?" she asked confusedly.

I didn't reply and just put up my hair into a ponytail and this time, carefully packed my wand. I learned my lesson last time.

I walked down to the grounds and looked around until I saw candles lit in the distance near the beach tree where I was supposed to meet my 'secret admirer'. I noticed the there was a small picnic arranged and all of my favourite food. I wonder who knows me that well?

I was expecting someone bizarre or some of the guys that look at me ways when I'm around but never in a million years had I imagined Remus...

Remus' P.O.V

I was waiting nervously for Y/N to show up hoping she noticed my letter and didn't think it was a prank from the three idiots again.

I had planned this for a whole week to finally get something off my chest. The fact that I love her...

And there she was, in a messy ponytail, hoodie and leggings but looking better than any girl I've seen. I didn't blame her though. It was freezing cold out here. I sat up a little straighter trying to make myself look presentable as she walked over.

I could tell by the look on her face that she was surprised it was me who had arranged all of this. Honestly, I was surprised myself.

"Remus..." she breathed out when she finally reached the picnic blanket. "Did- Did you arrange all of this?" 

"Y-yes." I stuttered.

"But why?" she said sitting cross legged on the blanket.

I took a deep breath. I took her hands in my own and put them on my lap. "I need to tell you something... Something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time..."

She bent her knees and put her lower legs under her thighs to sit in the same pose I was and gave me a slow nod.

"I- I-" I stuttered trying to form words took express how I felt. " I love you..."

Y/N's P.O.V

"I love you..."

As soon as those words left his mouth I swear my heart stopped beating. He loves me? I had a million questions flying through my head but I just motioned for him to continue.

"I've loved you ever since I first laid eyes on you! I felt and still feel a connection between us. I love everything about you. Your smile, your beautiful eyes, your sarcasm, your jokes and everything similar between us. And I promise that I am all about your personality and who you really are. Not about your looks. Even though you're beautiful too. And I also promise that if you don't feel the same way, we don't have to talk about it or anything, I'll be fine." he added the last part a little hurt.

It took me a little time to process what he said, but not at all how he was feeling. It was genuine and I loved it. 

"I love you too..." I said quietly. As soon as I said that a look of pure joy spread across his face making me smile a little.

He hesitantly came a little closer but when I didn't, he just went back to where he was with a slight look of hurt in his eyes. I giggled and pulled him by the shirt until our lips met. He was a little shocked at first until he melted into it. It wasn't passionate or steamy but it was a soft, gentle and meaningful kiss.

We broke apart slightly out of breath from the kiss that we just shared. I smiled as my brain finally processed what was happening. Remus liked me and I liked him back.

(A.N. YOU ARE FINALLY TOGETHER! I know probably all of you will blow through all these chapters in 2 hours or smth max but I have been writing these for 3 months now and I am happy with these latest chapters more than others per say... Also I know I do most of the romance at Christmas but something about 'The Thanksgiving Romance' isn't very...appealing. Hope you've enjoyed this story so far! Bye!)