Keeping Secrets - Chapter 29

Y/N's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning finding myself wrapped up in a blanket in the freezing cold at the grounds next to none other than Remus John Lupin.

I recalled the events from last night and smiled to myself and at Remus. I wrapped my arm around his waist and just stayed there in peaceful silence.

After a while we were suddenly jolted awake by the 'Gong!' sound of the bell ringing indicating it's breakfast. Thank goodness it was Saturday.

Unfortunately, this woke up Remus and he turned to face me instead of our old spooning position. 

"Why hello." he smirked.

"Hello handsome." I replied smiling.

"This fast?" he smiled playfully.

"No you always were." I said kissing his jaw.

He clearly looked over the moon that we were acting like this at each other. I could tell he had liked me for a while and deep down, I had liked him back just as much.

"What are we Rem?" I asked playing with his shirt.

"I don't know... Should we tell the boys?" he asked doing the same thing with a strand of my hair.

"I think we should keep it a secret...Until we're ready." I suggested. I didn't really wanna go all out especially since he was my first love.

"Whatever you want..." he smiled and kissed my forehead. I had no idea how we changed so fast just overnight but I definitely didn't mind it.

-----

For the whole time this past month up until February, Remus and I have kept our relationship a secret.

It was a bit hard and I kept coming up with excuses for all the gifts we sent each other but it was definitely better than our platonic relationship at first.

One day, since the girls were out, so were the boys and Patrick Applebaum was expelled, I had an excuse to go see Remus alone.

"Hey Rem." I said coming into the boys dorms.

"Hey love. What are you doing here?" He asked shutting his books.

"Well, all our friends are gone so I have an excuse to see my boyfriend." I said teasing him by emphasizing the word 'boyfriend'.

"Well then come on in girlfriend." he teased back patting his bed.

I clambered onto bed next to him and we just cuddled in silence. I heard him sigh contently multiple times so I decided to see why. Although I probably knew the reason...

"Anything wrong?" I hinted.

"I'm just...happy. Happy with you." he smiled.

"Me too..." I said drowsily.

After a bit, I felt myself drift off to sleep. Until, what I assume was a few hours later, I and Remus were jolted awake by the sound of James' loud voice.

"What's goin' on here?" he asked skeptically.

"I-uh-You see- We were-" Remus stuttered.

"Studying! Homework you know?" I laughed nervously while stealthily pulling out a few books and spreading them across the bed.

"There's a library for a reason..." Peter said rudely and the three went back to minding their own business.

I sighed in relief and got up. I picked up Remus' books and helped him put them back. I then sneaked a peck on Remus' cheek and left with an excuse I couldn't care less about.

Remus' P.O.V    

I cupped my cheek at the part where Y/N had just kissed it and sighed.

"Anything wrong?" Sirius said. I turned around and noticed that the three of them were staring at me.

"Nothing." I shrugged. It was a complete and absolute lie. There was a lot wrong. I somehow had scored my crush of almost 4 years and it was a secret. Worst of all, two werewolves were together now...

It could affect us both in a wrong manner. We could be more playful in the moon. But werewolves playfulness is fighting.

And if in the future we had kids, they would almost definitely be werewolves too. There was so much wrong with us, but it felt so amazing.

Being with the one I wanted to, all our promises, finally having a special someone who loved me beyond my scars...because she had her own.

I don't know if this was meant to be or not, I was going to wait and...hope for the best...

"Are you sure you're not sick?" James said concernedly. I just then realised that I had spaced out on my thoughts.

"I'm fine James. Really fine..." I smiled and they gave me another confused look.

Meanwhile in the girls dorms:

Y/N's P.O.V

I walked in, still drowsy and started putting my books away. Until I was startled by the sudden sound of all my dorm-mates right behind me.

"So we expecting babies anytime soon?" Mary raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"That sweater isn't yours...Reminds me of someone else's though." Marlene teased.

"Oh..." I breathed out as I realised...I was wearing Remus' sweater. I had borrowed it because of how comfortable it was and because it was better (more comfortable) than any of my clothes.

"Blimey Y/N!" Lily said realising the 'possibilities' which was totally bonkers by the way. We would never do that. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as the girls all threw me smirks.

"Anything you wanna tell us?" Dorcas asked slyly.

"I was feeling cold when me and Remus were outside so he gave me this sweater like a gentleman." I lied casually.

"Suuuuure..." they all said as I rolled my eyes.

I took off the sweater and wore one of my own baggy jumpers. I headed back up to the boys dorms to find noone there.

So I decided to give Remus a little surprise. I left a sweet note and a bar of chocolate with the neatly folded up sweater hoping he would like it. I knew it was kind of a risk expecting the fact that all the boys are nosy and could open the note at any time.

But still, I'm stupid and never listen to the reasonable part of my brain so I left the small gift there anyway.

Just to be safe, I closed the curtains on his bed and hoped that the other boys wouldn't do anything...Maraudery.

(A.N. Hey guys! Sorry for the small chapter. Now that you and Remus are together you can expect a lot of fluff and cutsie shit here and there. I really don't like fluff but I'll do 'Anything for our Moony'. Please tell me you got that reference... Anyway hope you liked this chapter! Bye!)